🌸 Questions 🌸

I looked back up into his eyes, they looked warm and inviting. The corner of his mouth lifted to a small smile which made me smile. I was stuck in this perfect trance; everything felt surreal. He put a hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him, my eyes never leaving his gaze. My bag slipped off my shoulder hitting the ground, the mask falling out and sliding out of the bag. I finally broke my gaze to look over at the bag only moments before the mask fell into the water. "No!" I said pushing myself out of his arms and over to the water. I trekked through the water as it floated further away from me. "Jesus Christ stop." I said under my breath stretching my arm out as far as possible and still missing it. I was up to my thighs in water and I wasn't getting anywhere trying to walk towards it. I looked over at him and then back at the mask, pushing myself into the water and swimming towards it. "Not this again." I said feeling the slimy water touch my chin. I reached out as far as I could finally grabbing the side of the mask while it slipped around in my grasp. I pulled it towards me hugging it against my chest and attempted to swim back but he was already halfway towards me reaching out a hand. I tiredly splashed myself towards taking his hand as he pulled me out of the water. "I really need to stop wearing this dressing gown. It's gotta be bad luck." I said with a little laugh and a wheezing undertone. He stayed silent, I set the mask on top of the seat and grabbed the bottom of the lace dressing gown wringing it out and doing the same with my hair. "Disgusting." I said under my breath squeezing my hands and feeling the slimy water. "I really do apologize. I didn't plan for that to happen." I said with a smile and looking up at him. "Sir?" I said looking at him as he just watched me. "What is your obsession with my mask?" He said looking down at it and back at me. "What?" I said standing up straighter. "Why is the mask so important?" He said, confused. "Well I can't tell you." I said grabbing the mask and sliding it back into the bag. "Why?" He said looking over at me cocking an eyebrow. "Because you wouldn't believe me." I said looking back at him. He stood in silence for another second. "How do you know I won't believe you?" He said. "Oh dear god." I said under my breath rubbing my temples. "What?" He responded. "I can't do this right now, I think it's time I leave." I said looking over at him and walked away. "Goodbye monsieur." I said with a little smile. "Wait, you're not leaving are you? You're just going back to your dressing room?" He said he didn't look frantic; he went back to his old stone cold facial and body movements. But he had still reached out towards me. "I'm not sure, why?" I said turning once more. "Because you have so much potential Madame, You can go so far...you can soar above all of the others, don't you understand." He said his voice was a little higher tone then its normal brooding deepness, but it was bordering a pleading tone. "I'll take a day to contemplate monsieur." I said, giving him a smile. "I promise I will come to see you if I choose to leave." I said turning back towards the gate. "Goodbye monsieur." I said walking away, there wasn't a response so I continued out of the lair, up the stairs, and through the maze of hallways. I changed out of the disgusting dressing gown and into an extra shift I had. My hair was gross and slimy so I braided it and pinned it on top of my head. My legs were tired from running up and down the stairs and I just felt gross. I dropped onto the bed and looked over at the leather bag that was seated on top of the dressing gown. I'm overreacting aren't I...the worst he could say is I'm lying. "I'll explain it to him soon." I said stretching with a yawn and rolling under the blankets.