🌸Happiness🌸

~from Eriks POV~
I admired her in the candle light, she'd become my muse. Her hand lifted up to my cheek, through the silky white satin glove I could feel the warmth of her hand. I leaned lightly into it taking a deep breath in. I soaked in the moment as I felt her arm drape around my neck and shoulders. Not even a second later did she lift herself up and press her lips against mine. She slid her hand away from my cheek and draped it as well over my shoulder. I froze in shock, I had only experienced this once and for all I was aware I had recently disappointed her in some way. I relaxed and lifted my hands to her waist, this was the closest I'd been to her. I pulled her closer as she melted against my chest. I could feel my heart racing uncontrollably as the candle burnt out leaving us in darkness. Although I didn't want to, a gut feeling pushed me to pull away from her. "Madame..." I uttered breathlessly as I looked at her outline.
"Please, there's no need to be formal...Antoinette will do." She responded, she stared into my eyes as I examined the little I could see of her.
"My apologies..." I responded quietly, she stayed quiet. We continued in silence before the sound of footsteps drew me from my trance.
"Antoinette!" A small and unfamiliar voice came from outside the hallway. I stepped backwards as she turned around and slunk into the shadows down the hallway. "Antoinette, you disappeared, my mother and your aunt have been looking everywhere." Meg said it sounded like whispering from where I was. I continued down the dark hallway until I was far from the party.

I sat on the bench of my organ looking at the water in front of me. My lips still tingling with the feeling of hers. I looked at the opera piece I'd been working on, my muse had completely shifted in the few hours that we'd been together at the ball. I grabbed the papers and slid them into a leather booklet, they'd be continued at a later date but they weren't relevant anymore. No, all that mattered now was her. It had always been her but now...now I knew she felt the same way. She had to it was impossible for her to do actions like that and not feel the same way, for the first time I felt like what could only be described as...Happiness.