Prologue

It was a Canadian Winter night, the wolves were howling, the stars were out, the moon had yet to reveal its pale complexion, the trees were layered in their usual cold, white blankets, and I was staggering down the empty, snow-covered road. Looking around for some way to get out of the blizzard that frosted the side of my face, one particular sign caught my attention as I suddenly stopped to look up at the tall, metallic bar. Reading it, it said 'Airport' while pointing Eastward.

'Bingo.'

I wrapped my quivering arms around my slim, aching body, attempting to keep myself warm. I set off towards the airport and somehow managed to make it to the entrance. Before I went near anyone, I hid behind a car and healed my wounds before I materialized warm clothes. They weren't fancy by any means, but they were enough to keep me from freezing. I strode into the airport with haste, soon realizing it was crowded and loud, per usual.

I knew I wouldn't be able to get in looking as I did now. As I stood there in thought, I was suddenly pushed by a tall man with deep brown eyes and light brown hair. I scowled at him, almost wanting to punch him. I eventually controlled my emotions. Little by little, a toothy grin smeared across my face. I had hatched a plan, and I was going to put it into action. 

My stomach growled and I noticed my throat was dry. I quickly snatched up a black hoodie,  passport and wallet that had been left unattended at a table. Deciding not to test my luck further, I went to a women's restroom nearby and locked myself in one of the stalls. I put on the hoodie, taking the passport out of the pocket. I opened the passport and searched through it until I found the face of a woman in it.

The woman had long, black hair, almost black looking eyes, her nose was upturned, her skin was almost as pale as snow and her eyes were small and slanted. I smirked, closing my eyes while picturing the woman. I opened my eyes again and unlocked the bathroom stall. I walked up to the mirror, holding the picture in front of me to compare myself to the woman. I smirked and decided to push my luck further.

I sauntered out of the bathroom and scanned the food court, looking for a target. 

I waltzed outside, slowly walking towards the flight attendant that was letting people on board a plane to Beijing, China. I walked up to her, she snatched the passport out of my hands and squinted his eyes, looking at me suspiciously before he finally spoke in a high pitched, scratchy voice.

"Where's your ticket?" The flight attendant questioned.

I took a step towards her, holding eye contact until I spoke.

"You will let me on the plane," I demanded calmly, my intense eyes glaring into her soul.

"Enjoy your flight, ma'am," She smiled warmly.

"Miss, this way, please," Another flight attendant beckoned me to follow her into the first class area.

I followed her and thanked her before I plopped down into one of the smooth, comfortable, white leather seats. The same attendant came to my side, offering me a hot towel, neck cushion, and a small cup of wine. I blinked in surprise, in shock at how much service they are willing to give.

I gladly took the hot towel, elegantly dabbing it onto my face and neck before setting it neatly back onto the silver plate. I took the neck cushion, placing it around my neck before taking the glass of wine and taking a sip.

"Are you comfortable, Miss? Do you need anything at all," Another flight attendant asked curiously, a sincere look on her face.

"I'm quite comfortable. Thank you very much, dearie," I bowed my head in the slightest, receiving one not even moments later.