Chapter 5: A Day At The Park

Five days had flown by in a flash and I was somewhat getting used to living in Japan. I felt comfortable fitting in with average people. The only thing that didn't seem average about me was, well, everything. My appearance, the way I acted on my first day of school, even me carrying two huge bags around, seemed highly suspicious. But at the end of the week, I was finally taking a break from it all.
   It was finally Saturday and I was planning a trip to the nearby park. I had already seen myself and the girl on the front page in the newspaper. And honestly, I didn't mind it. I just wish they had asked permission first. I was walking through the bustling streets of Tokyo, minding my own business.
I saw a few people recognize me and stare at me momentarily, I saw kids pointing at me and admiring me, their faces put a smile on my face and made me chuckle. The kids that looked up at me to stare and admire were so wide-eyed and cute. It reminded me of my baby pictures. To be honest, I'm surprised that we were allowed to see what we looked like as babies. It's not really what you would expect from a major psych ward made solely for us to serve our purpose as the next-gen.
When I was a baby, I looked like a toned Japanese porcelain doll, wrapped in jade green and gold silk Kimono with my halo, wings, tail, and horns still growing. I almost didn't believe that anyone could look so doll-like, had I not seen the baby pictures I wouldn't have believed it possible. My skin was so shiny and soft as a baby and even now that I still look like I'm made of porcelain.

I wonder, I thought to myself nonchalantly, looking upwards at the beautiful, blue sky.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to see my mum again. I wonder if I'll be able to be given the chance. The chance to ask her 'Why? Why did you give me away?'

Suddenly, somebody walking in the opposite direction I was walking in bumped into me. I hung my head low enough that nobody would see my face, yet high enough for me to see everything. I snapped out of it, glaring at the tall man that rudely bumped into me without apologizing. The man towered over me at glared back. We stood in the street, glaring at each other until he finally spoke.

   "Watch where you're going, kid."

   I raised one eyebrow and studied the man before raising my head for him to look at my face. I narrowed my eyes while he widened his and stared in shock. His mouth dropped open, stuttering and struggling to speak. I let out a small 'tsk' before leaving him wide-eyed and mouth agape. The last thing I heard come out of his mouth was an apology.

   "I recognize you from the news. I'm deeply sorry. Please forgive me, I thank you humbly for saving my granddaughter that day."

   I stopped in my tracks. Too shocked to move. It almost looked as if I was frozen in place. That girl...is his granddaughter? Why was I shocked to hear this?
   Is that how this guy talks to everyone he runs into? Does he talk to his granddaughter or his son like that? Is that girl even his granddaughter, or is he trying to get some form of kindness out of me as I did with that girl? I cocked my head to the side when I heard heavy footsteps jog my way. The man now stood in front of me, he pulled out his wallet and fumbled to pull out a small photograph of the girl. He pointed to it and licked his dry lips, his mouth opened slowly before muttering something.

   "That's her. That's my granddaughter. You're the one who saved her and my son. Thank you, Miss Mizukage-Chan."

   The man bowed humbly. Making me feel sorry almost.

   "Who told you my name?"

   "M-My granddaughter told me of this beautiful young lady with toned skin, green eyes that look almost white in the sunlight, and that she wears a green and black gas mask along with a green and black hoodie. She told me that this lovely young woman's name was Mizukage."