Chapter 2: First Day

I had woken up thanks to the sun shining brightly upon my dirty, unwashed face. My eyes fluttered open, not expecting it to be sunny today. I hung my arm above my eyes, blocking the sun from my face. I took another look at the sun and saw that it was smiling rather sweetly at me, beckoning me to get up.

   To hell with it.

   I groaned mentally. Sitting up and not wanting to get up from my previous beauty sleep, I scratched my head, wondering what time it was. Once it got in my head, I couldn't get it out. I felt my stamina lowering just a bit as I materialized a phone in my hand. It was quite small, it had a rubber, plain, black case around it that I assume was to protect it.
   I shrugged, pressing some sort of button the was on the bottom. Once I did though, the phone screen had lit up, making me bat my eyes for a second.

   What does a phone do?

   After a few minutes of figuring out how to work a phone, I had come to realize that it was 10:27 in the morning.

   Huh, I figured that out surprisingly quickly. What the hell did they inject me with all those years? You know what, never mind, don't wanna know.

   I gestured my thoughts off with a wave of my hand and proceeded to materialize the things I knew a normal kid would have for school. Pen, paper, pencil, eraser, backpack, I materialized all of it. My stamina was decreasing little by little the more I made things with the flick of my wrist, but I knew that I still had a lot of stamina left. I stood up, bending over to grab one of the bags that was filled with outfits. I dug through the bag, finding a rather cute outfit.

   I don't care if it's sunny outside, I'm wearing it.

   I threw the clothes into the air, snatching them from mid-air instantly. I put the bag down, which was now considerably lighter considering I took some of the clothes that filled it to the brim. Though I wanted to leave the bags there, I didn't want anybody else to wandering up here and taking them. I put my stuff for school inside of the lighter bag, carrying the clothes I had under my arm. I walked down to the first floor, strolling through the empty indoor parking lot, I heard my footsteps echoing through the abandoned building.

   'Tip, tap, tip, tap'

   That's all I heard for a couple of minutes before I pushed open a rusty, metal side door that led to the alleyway next to the building. I stopped just outside of the doorway, side-eyeing both entrances to the alley. Silence. That's all that was heard other than the dripping of the leaking water coming from a water pipe nearby. I let out a breath of relief I didn't even know I was holding until that moment.

   It fascinates me how the silence can be so loud.

   It was an interesting thought really, silence to me was so loud because it shouts the truths that are buried beneath my skin. It says that there's always a hidden monster beneath the plump, lush, flawless skin that everybody here seems to have. Whilst thinking about all of this thoughtfully, I hadn't even realized I was somewhere I didn't recognize.

   Now, where am I?

   I looked around for some clue as to where I was. Up ahead of me was a public bathroom. I walked up to it to see it was chipped and vandalized with neon colors.

   Ew, pink.

   I knocked. After waiting for a bit I concluded that there was nobody in there.

   No answer. Well, guess I'm going in!

   I marched in there, not expecting it to be surprisingly in fair condition due to the exterior. I turned to the door, turning the lock to which the green slide flashed red before my eyes, spelling out the word 'occupied'. I put down my bags, placing the outfit I chose on the sink whilst I changed in front of the cracked mirror. Placing my dirty clothes in the bag, I shifted my school materials on top of the dirty clothes.