Chapter 8: Ugh, school.

I didn't even attend the school I was going to for a full two months before I realized that I hated it. It wasn't that the breaks were too short, or that the lunch wasn't delicious, it was because it was so easy. So terribly, painfully easy. I needed a challenge, something to rack my brain. I groaned in frustration before hitting down all of the answers on the test that laid in front of me.
The only thing left to do was to write my name down on the top right corner. I wrote down quickly, yet neatly, the name 'Mizukage'. The teacher came up to me as she most likely saw me nearly rip my hair out of my scalp from frustration and interrogated me. I was on the verge of a mental breakdown at this point. It was a boring, gray Monday morning, two days after I saw my best friends' spirits bid me goodbye one last time.
I guess you could call them ghosts, or spirits, or even just lost souls. Call them what you will, honestly. The small 'Forever Flame' that Lin created one last time resided in a metal tin in my backpack on the bottom. I would put it in a plastic one, but the metal one is more durable and the plastic would catch fire. Though I do suppose that the Forever Flame doesn't spread, it just stays a small flame.
It never goes out, hence the name Forever Flame. I kept it hidden and took it wherever I went. I never let it out of my sight. Never. I saw a shadow looming over me and saw my homeroom teacher, Mrs. Cho, glaring at me.

   "Is there any particular reason why you decided to interrupt the whole class?" She asked, our eyes locking with one another's.

   I scanned my eyes across the room, searching for any disrupted students. I only spotted one. Kai. He had his pencil loosely gripped in his hand. His mouth was slightly open and his eyes were fixated on my cold glare towards the teacher.

   "Nobody is being disrupted by me, so what's the problem?" I rose from my seat and asked the teacher coolly.

   I craned my neck up at her, cracking my neck in the process. Several students heard our exchange and turned their heads to face us. Mrs. Cho realized she was making a big deal out of nothing and held her tongue. I saw her bite the inside of her cheek and click her tongue. She snatched my paper from my desk, snapping her head back at me.
   I raised an eyebrow, wondering what could come next other than a bad attitude from my teacher, who was teaching us about respect in and outside of class. She continued to stare me down. I eventually turned to face her and looked her dead in the eyes. My glossy, jade green eyes glimmered from the slight ray of light that wiggled their way into the classroom through the blinds. My jade green eyes soon shifted to a white color.
   My teacher seemed shocked by it and stood still as if she was in a trance. I waved my hands in front of her, trying to capture her attention. The tension in the air soon turned to confusion. Everybody's eyes seemed to be fixed on me. I snapped my fingers in front of Mrs. Cho and she appeared to be back to normal again.
   Mrs. Cho shook her head and turned back to me, the same mean expression returning to her stressed face.

   "Did you double-check your work as I asked?" Mrs. Cho asked in a low voice.

   "Do I look that stupid to you? Of course, I did," I growled lowly.

   The teacher marched towards her desk, taking out a red pen. She slapped my paper against the wooden desk and started grading my paper. Her eyebrows raised and then furrowed again. My eyebrows knitted together as I was wondering what she was thinking. Sooner, rather than later, the teacher stood up from her desk, her chair creaking and scraping against the floor.
   Mrs. Cho looked around at everyone in the room. She finally strode over to my desk and raised the paper in the air for everyone to see. I looked up at it and saw that I got full marks plus extra credit for my name. Nearly everybody had their jaws on the floor and stared at me. For whatever reason they seemed to praise me, I had no clue.

   "Since Miss Mizukage here is so smart. Let's hear how she got full marks on her paper. Shall we? Well, Mizukage, what did you do. Did you cheat on anyway?" Mrs. Cho looked at me with an evil grin and an evil look in her eye.