Chapter 3: Introductions

"Class, this is our new student. Would you like to introduce yourself?" My new homeroom teacher spoke confidently, looking me in the eye.

   "Mizuki," I spoke in a hushed voice, afraid of speaking so much as beyond a whisper.

   I was incredibly nervous and anxious to get out of there. Even so, I knew I would need to distract myself from being bored all day, waiting ever so patiently for trouble to arrive at my doorstep. Not even within two minutes of being in the classroom, people were already staring and whispering about me. Even the teacher and principal were staring me up and down and judging silently amongst the room. It almost scared me, how silence really could be deadly.
All I could think about were the beads of sweat running down my neck and temples. I wasn't comfortable being judged or even being stared at. It just didn't work well with me. I've always felt embarrassed about how I was born, and people talking about me behind my back wasn't a good feeling. It felt so embarrassing, that's why I've always preferred slipping into the shadows where I wasn't noticed or bothered
I felt a stare burning through my skull and turned around. The hair on my neck stood up and made me feel like the hairs were pricking my delicate skin, making me feel very uncomfortable to the point where I rubbed my neck for it to stop. When my head slowly turned to face the person behind me, I stepped back a bit, making room for them. The person behind me was a boy around my age, maybe a year older or so. I couldn't get a good look at him before he shoved me out of the way using his shoulder.
The only thing that stood out about the kid was the fact that everything he wore was black or dark gray, while everybody else in the class was wearing normal clothes. He plopped down in his chair and stared at me for a while. I gulped, turning back to the teacher. I mouthed to the teacher that I had no clue what to do, and she signaled me to sit down in the back of class next to the creepy dude.

   "Kai, you are assigned with the task of having to show the new girl around the school," The teacher, who I now knew as Mrs. Cho, said accordingly.

   "Tsk."

   I think I'm gonna name that guy something more appropriate. Like- oh, I know! Creepy dude! There we go!

   I chuckled, not expecting Creepy Dude to hear me. The guy twisted his head to stare me down so fast I thought he would break his neck. Of course, I didn't want trouble on the first day, but I wasn't going to act like a little punk just to please him. I slumped in my chair, slouching as I propped my chin up with my fist. Slowly, yet surely, I fell asleep somehow through Mrs. Cho's lecture.
And by lecture, I mean Mrs. Cho chewing out a student for drawing on their desk. Though she was loud, I managed to drift off into a world of darkness. A noiseless, peaceful, calming, utterly pitch black slumber. Yet the next thing I knew, I was awoken by a deep voice calling me. Immediately, I had awoken.
I knew I had always been a very light sleeper, but I never knew I could be awoken by just a noise alone. I groaned mentally and opened my eyes after a moment or so, only to see Creepy Dude in front of my desk with his arms crossed. He groaned and told me to follow him, to which I obeyed his silent command.

"C'mon. I gotta give you a tour before the next class starts," I nodded slightly, showing that I would follow when I picked up my bags.

"What's in those bags?" Creepy Dude asked.

"M-My stuff," I replied reluctantly.

"Like what?"

"My clothes, school supplies, just stuff."

"Why did you bring your clothes? Why don't you just leave them at home or something?"

"I don't have a home," I muttered in a low voice so that he wouldn't hear.

"What was that?"

"N-Nothing. Don't worry about it. C-Can you give me the tour now?"

"Sure, I guess."