Chapter 1: The City Of Neon Lights

Hours after the news report aired, we arrived at our destination. After walking through and out of the terminal, I felt like I was starting anew. Which I was, but at the same time I wasn't. Seeing the vibrant colored neon lights that lit up the pitch black night skies and the city itself made me feel bubbly for about 2 minutes before I realized what I had to do. I had to set an example.

After I had walked a mile or two away from the airport, I hurriedly speed-walked into an alleyway before abandoning the passport and dipped. If I had to then I would just steal another person's identity, but I doubt that I would go that far again. The next thing you know, as soon as I turned the corner to go back into the busy, crowded streets, I had turned back to my normal self. After wandering the brightly lit streets of Seoul, I spotted a small shop that had masks. My gut was telling me I would need to hide my face at some point, knowing better than to ignore this feeling, I crossed the street and entered the shop. 

I kept my head low the entire time, seeing as there were cameras. I only lifted my head to look around and see if there were any masks that sparked my interest. After looking through the selection of masks, I didn't see anything particularly in mind. I was just about to leave the store when I saw a black and red cyberpunk inspired mask with horns attached to the top. Below the mask was a black and red Dao sword that had caught my eye. I found myself eyeing them, staring at the display for quite a while I suppose before being called out.

"Uh, Miss? Are you looking for anything in particular? Is there anything you need," I barely churned my head to somewhat catch sight of a 18-ish year old boy.

I didn't even bother thinking it over when I suddenly pointed to the display in the window.

"I am interested in the items on display. Is it for sale," I asked blankly.

"Yes, it is. Would you like to purchase it?"

"Yes, please,"

"Let me get those for you," The boy said, grabbing his keys and fumbling with them until he found the correct one to open the locked display case.

The boy carefully brought the mask and Katanas over to the counter, placing them down gently in front of him.

"Is there anything else you're interested in today, Miss?" The boy asked thoughtfully.

"No, that's it," I responded.

"Of course. That'll be 500,000,000 Won, please."

I face palmed myself mentally, hoping that these would come in handy soon. Out of the corner of my eye, I continued to watch the cashier as I pretended to be looking for my money. Eventually, when I could clearly see the cashier getting irritated with waiting for me, I quickly pulled out the rather large wad of cash in my hoodie pocket from the airport. I had only just realized that it was held together by a gold clip. I counted the owed amount of money, sliding it calmly in front of the cashier, who was now eyeing my money.

I could tell that he was the type of person that would steal from people, and I knew that by pulling out a large amount of cash that I was testing his ability to hold back since there were cameras actively recording our every moves. The boy took the cash, placing the money in the cash box before closing it and turning to face me again.

"Have a good day, ma'am. Would you like these items bagged?" He asked in a monotone voice, a somewhat irritated expression on his plain face.

"No, it's fine. Thanks, bye," I replied.

I took the Dao, taking it out of its sheath. The cashier stepped back, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion and uneasiness. I ignored the worried cashier, staring at the beautiful craftsmanship of the elegant handle and blade.