1-New Beginnings

You pull the frail couple into your arms and held in a sob, you had to be strong for them. "Good luck Y/N" the older man said while resting his hands on your shoulders, "I know you'll make us proud, you're a Flamel through and through. The woman too the right kisses your forehead and gives a kind, agreeing nod. The pair were your "Grandparents", you use that term losely because in reality they are your Great Great Great Great Great (and so on) Grandparents, Nicolas and Perenelle Flamel. Your Grandfather was a famed alchemist that created The Sorcerers Stone, allowing them both to live for over 600 years. Although they had many ancestors over the years, you and your parents are the only relatives that still visited and kept in contact. 

     Since you were young you aspired to have even a quarter of the talent Grandpa Nick had, and whenever you visited him you learned the basics of potion making. He always said you were a natural. You cherished every visit with him, unaware that you didn't actually have all the time in the world like you believed. He was your world, but as of 2 years ago your world was shaken up.

     You had been waiting for your latest letter from your Grandfather, while doing some light reading on your front porch, you had just completed your first year at Illvermorny, and you had sent him your grades to receive his approval. His owl Corduroy swooped over to the railing and gave you the letter, you gave him some food, thanked him, and proceeded to look at the letter's address. Instead of Y/N Flamel, this letter was addressed to your father. 

     "Father it's for you, from Grandpa Nick" you exclaimed with slight disappointment in your voice. Your father opened and scanned the letter with a loom of utter shock on his face. "What does it say?" you ask nervously. 

     "Not now Y/N I must speak with your mother," He said sternly. You knew this meant you weren't supposed to hear the conversation, so you went to your room and began to sketch your favorite magical creature, the niffler. 

     One week later your parents sat you down in the living room to break some news to you. At that moment everything changed. "Listen Y/N, after a lot of consideration Grandpa Nick and Grandma Nelle have made the decision to stop using the stone," he said with a frown. Your ears starting ringing and it was almost as if the world around you blurred, questions crashed like tsunamis in your mind. Why would they do this? Won't they die? They can't possibly leave me! Maybe they'll change there mind? How long do I have left? Your eyes welled up with tears and you ran to your room and locked yourself inside. You threw yourself into bed and just stared into the ceiling.

     Over the next year you had partially come to terms with it and you visited them every break you had. At the end of your third year at Illvermorny however, your parents once again dropped another bomb on you. You're Grandparents had grown weaker and could no longer take care of themselves, your mother agreed to be their caretaker and your father had taken a job at the Ministry in England. For the next years of your life you will be attending the famed Hogwarts. 

    Now in present day you are leaving to start your new beginnings, the first day was tomorrow and you needed to catch the 3:30 Portkey to King Cross Station. Your father beckoned you to the door, where outside stood your stuff for school. As you walked out the door you took one last look back at your grandparents unaware of when or if you will see them again.

I know, I know this chapter was kind of boring but I really want to set up a decent narattive, however don't worry Draco will be introduced soon!!!