7-Losing Focus

You slinked back into your common room just to see Calliope sitting practicing transfiguration. "Hey Callie" you said dreamily.

      "Hey... why are you acting like Luna" Calliope said suspiciously.

      "Huh? I'm sorry I missed that" you said snapping back to reality. Your friend stood arms crossed at you.

      "Y/N you're acting out of it, I know something happened, what was it?" Calliope asked concerned. You tried to find the words but your friend just stared at you suspiciously.

      "I just made a friend in the hall that's all" you said trying to convince yourself more than your friend.

     "Mhmm sureee, just a friend" she said while laughing and going back to the cup she was trying to transfigure. You went into your common room and after changing into your pajamas you layed in your bed staring at the ceiling. Was Calliope right? You thought your interaction with Draco was platonic, I mean you called him your bestie, but as you replayed Malfoy's smirk in your mind you got butterflies. What am I thinking? Draco Malfoy is the biggest jerk in this school, you couldn't possibly have feelings for him. You decided to try to forget about it, and you let yourself drift off to sleep.

     The next morning at breakfast you and Calliope were chatting about your bets on who'd be chosen for the tournament. All of a sudden a small paper bird fluttered onto your plate. You unfolded the note carefully.

...

Not gonna say hi to you're bestie?

-D. Malfoy

....

    You shook your head slightly before turning to face the slytherin table, "Hello Draco" you said with a laugh.

    "About time Flamel, I was starting to think the word bestie meant nothing to you" he said sarcastically.

     "You know you acted like you hated me saying that but that's the second time you mentioned it" you teased. Malfoy rolled his eyes playfully. "Alright I'm going to get back to my food but see you in potions" you said smiling. You turned back to meet the knowing eyes of your friend.

     "Wow, here I was thinking we're best friends," she laughed, "but in all seriousness, I didn't expect you to fancy Malfoy of all people!" You immediately turned red, what's wrong with me!

     "I have no clue what you're talking about," You said returning your attention to your food. You had potions first today, and something about sitting next to Malfoy that made you eager to finish your meal.

     You and Calliope made your way to potions, you were the first two there and you took your seat.

     "Ah Y/N and Calliope 10 points to Hufflepuff for being prompt," Snape said. Everyone said that you were Snape's favorite, which gained you the teacher's pet title, but you figured it was better than being Snape's least favorite.

     Suddenly a figure slinked into the spot beside you, Draco was finally here with his typical green apple in hand. You took a peak in your peripherals just to catch Malfoy doing the same. Your face heated up again and you immediately looked down at your parchment.

     Snape began to direct a question to you when suddenly Malfoy's arm brushed past you causing your breath to hitch for a moment completely losing focus from Snape's question.

     "Erm, I apologize do you mind repeating yourself?" you asked sheepishly. Snape rolled his eyes which caused Malfoy to laugh at you. You tried to pay as little attention to him as possible, and focus on your lessons.