5-Expect the Unexpected

The feast came with many surprises, including the Tri-Wizard Tournament, however it didn't really concern you because you're too young. The food was amazing, way better than the food at Illvermorney, honestly everything here was superior to Illvermorney. Your dorm was beautiful, and your bed was right across from Calliope's. You flopped onto your mattress and you realized that the excitement of the day had completely wiped you out. You quickly changed into your pajamas and fell straight asleep. 

      Before you knew it it was time to start another day. You quickly ate your breakfast and looked at the schedule for the day. Potions was first, everyone groaned except you who got excited for your favorite subject. "Awh come on why so glum Calliope?" you said with a perky voice. 

     "You clearly know nothing about Professor Snape!" Calliope said with a nervous smile on her face. The two of them gathered their things and headed towards the dungeons where the potions class was held. 

     "Welcome back to my class, today is Hufflepuff and Slytherin correct," Snape said, the student's nodded, "Perfect now for a change this year I am assigning seats, so I can stop hearing your endless chatter. Now listen carefully while I call your names." Snape's voice droned on for a while until you heard your name, "Y/N Flamel? Ah your the transfer student from America I presume, you'll be seated next to Mr.Malfoy" Snape said monotonously. Just what you needed, a seat next to the most arrogant boy in the whole damned school. 

     "Just can't get rid of me can you darling?" Malfoy whispered to you.

     "Oh shove off!" you said in what you thought was a whisper.

     "Care to share with the class why you're telling Mr.Malfoy to shove off, Flamel?" Snape said bitterly.

     "No sir" You said putting your head down. Your sudden change in tone caused Malfoy to snicker. You immediately kicked Malfoy's foot under the table. 

      "Now today we will be learning to brew shrinking solution, now can someone please tell me it's effects and what a correctly brewed potion would look like?" Snape asked. You slowly raised your hand once you realized no one else knew the answer. "Ah yes Flamel, lets see what they were teaching you over at Illvermorny".

     "Shrinking solution causes the drinker to become younger, once it is brewed it should be a bright green color sir," you said proudly.

     "Correct, 10 points to Hufflepuff" Snape said, once again with no emotion. You turned to see Malfoy staring wide eyed at you. You shook your head amused, the question was a breeze, you were already brewing Shrinking Solution at age 10. You expected to be getting more of his wide eyed looks in the future, because potions was where you shined. 

     Transfiguration was spent with the Gryffindors, however Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts were with the Ravenclaws. Finally your last class for today was Care of Magical Creatures. Illvermorney didn't offer this class, but you were thrilled to start it. You walked down towards the hut, and groaned when you saw the slytherins waiting there as well. Malfoy seemed to be an inevidible part of your day.

     Class had ended and you began to walk back towards the castle, behind you Malfoy was talking away. "Potter needs to get over himself, almost getting himself killed year after year is not a personality trait" Draco huffed.

     You turned your head to face Malfoy, "If you ask me he sounds like he's searching for trouble meddling in things he shouldn't like the sorcerer's stone" you said bitterly.

     Malfoy looked at you curiously, "I'm surprised you share my hatred of Potter, normally anyone in a house outside of Slytherin wouldn't dare talk ill of the golden boy, especially a Puff" Malfoy said with confusion.

     "Well you should expect the unexpected from me Malfoy, and as for Potter some things run deeper than houses" you said holding back the lump once again forming in your throat.