3-New Friends

Warning Mature Language 

     That Malfoy is a cocky asshole!  You thought as you clenched your stuff tightly. You moved to the farthest car possible from Malfoy. You suddenly looked around in search for a friendlier face. As if summoned by Merlin himself, as you turned to your right you came face to face with a blonde blue-eyed girl, with a unique style. Her presence startled you however she gave off a wispy aura that immediately calmed you. 

     "Well hi there," she said dreamily,"I've never seen you before, but you look way to old for a first year!" the girls voice was curious, but her face looked unbothered. 

     "Well actually I just transfered and-" you began before the blonde's face lit up, and before you know it you were being pulled into a booth.

     "Calliope! You'll never guess who I found! She's an American!" the girl said excitedly. The girl in the booth, which you assumed was Calliope (k-ah-LY-oh-pee), looked up from her notebook to see the commotion. She had caramel skin, and kind brown eyes, and her hair was tucked under a yellow scarf that was wrapped around her head. 

     "Luna! I've told you that bombarding random people is not a way to make friends," she chuckled while looking apologetically at you. Luna's face dropped awkwardly as she let go of your wrist, as she mouthed Sorry to both you and Calliope.

     "No don't worry at all! I'm just thrilled to see some friendly faces after the morning I've had! I'm Y/N," You said warmly. This caused Luna to go back to her relaxed state.

     "Nice to meet you Y/N" Calliope said with a smile, "Care to join us for the ride?" you nodded and put your stuff in the compartment. 

     Over the next few hours you got to know the girls very well. Luna is a 3rd year Ravenclaw and Calliope is a 4th year Hufflepuff. Luna's father was the writer of The Quibbler, and Calliope was muggle born. When she received her letter her parents, very religious folk, almost didn't allow her to attend. However over time, Calliope showed them she can practice magic while still following the teachings of Islam. You knew that the two of you would get along very well, and as for Luna, you were refreshed by her airy nature, because it balanced your uptight nature.

     The conversation soon turned to Harry Potter. You weren't that familiar with him, besides from him being, "The Boy Who Lived". Luna explained how last year he was being hunted by a prison escapee, and something about a werewolf, which Calliope waved off as a rumor, and in Luna's first year, he defeated a giant snake that lived in the walls of Hogwarts. As impressive as it sounded you were more concerned on why there was a snake, a werewolf, and a convict in Hogwarts to begin with.

     "Well in my first year," Calliope began,"Not only did he defeat a troll, but he got through a forbidden corridor and found the Sorcerer's Stone,".

     A lump started to form in your throat, "Wh-what?". 

     "It's a magic stone that the creator has been using to stay alive for years, but after Harry found it he decided to destroy it for some reason,"Calliope said calmly. How could my parents not tell me that not only was it someone else's fault that Grandpa gave up the stone, but now I have to go to school with him??? The shock was way too much you excused yourself and hurried to the washroom car. Your thoughts were in a million places when suddenly you knocked into someones chest. 

     "I-I'm sorry... I wasn't looking and I..." you met eyes with the person you collided with. 

     "Can't get enough of me can you hun?" Malfoy said with a smirk.