8-Letters

Dear Grandpa Nick,

     The first month has been amazing, Hogwarts is somehow even better than you described it to be. It was origanally a little dissapointing not being in Gryffindor (since that was your house), but I really enjoy being a Hufflepuff. I already have two new friends, Calliope and Luna, Calliope is in my house, and I know that you'll love them if you meet them! I've excelled in potions, and even though Snape would never admit it I think I'm one of his favorites. 

     Next week they're going to announce the Tri-Wizard Tournament champions, and I'm really excited to watch! I know you've witnessed quite a few before, and I'm so excited to see my first! Anyway enough about me how have you and Grandma Nelle been? I miss you both terribly. I've been keeping in touch with Dad and he seems happy at his new job, give everyone at home my love! 

With love,

     Your Grandchild

...

 Dear Y/N ,

     Hufflepuff is a fine house, and I am sure it will lead you to greatness. Your friends sound amazing, and I hope to meet them as well. Of course you are doing amazing in potions, you are a talented kid. I heard about the tournament, and I'm glad they put an age restriction, I wouldn't want to see someone your age attempting those challenges, they'd be dangerous enough for a seventh year. 

     I've been as well as I can be for a 600 year old man, I can no longer write so I'm using a self-writing quill! As for your grandmother, I'm afraid she's been looking quite frail. Thank goodness for your mother, shes been a saint to us, you remind me a lot of her. Please don't be too worried about us we've been living for way too long, and giving up the stone has taken it's toll these past few years. 

Much Love,

     Grandpa Nick 

...

     You clutched the letter to your heart, you knew that Grandpa was witholding information from you. He was not as well as he made it sound. You looked at the doorway of the Owlery just to make eye contact with 'the boy who lived' himself. Seeing him infuriated you, causing you to stomp past him bitterly. You eventually made your way to the quad, spotting Malfoy across the way. As soon as he noticed you he strolled in your direction, joining you where you were standing. 

     "Y/N we just can't stop running into eachother can-" suddenly Malfoy noticed your face, "Uh you look sick do you need to see Madame Pomfrey?" The boy was clearly clueless when it came to emotion. 

     As you met his eyes suddenly the emotion you were burying flooded right out, you just started crying uncontollably. Malfoy froze for a moment and awkwardly came closer to you. He hesitantly moved his hands out of his pockets, and brought you into a tight embrace. You laughed slightly through the tears as you hugged him back.

     You broke away and slowly wiped your tears and looked at Draco, "You know Malfoy you really aren't that bad" you said sweetly.

     "Well dont go around telling people that" Malfoy said sarcastically before putting his hands back in his pockets.

     "I pinky promise" you said holding out your pinky. 

     Malfoy looked nervously and said, "I believe you, no need for that". You laughed and pulled your hand back, there's the good old Draco.