6-Smile

You and Luna liked to spend a lot of time in the Hogwarts kitchen with the house elves. You taught them new recipes, and they would always let you snag a few snacks. On your way back into your common room one night you heard a loud noise at the end of the hall. You wandered towards it only to find a frustrated Malfoy who had just kicked down a few boxes that usually sat in the corner there. He sat on one of the boxes and buried his head into his hands. You were frozen and didn't know what to do, your instincts made you want to make sure he was okay, but your brain told you it was unwise not to meddle into Malfoy's business. You eventually caved and went over to the boy.

     "Hey are you-" you were cut off by Malfoy bringing his wand to your face. His eyes met yours and behind his glare, you could see a bit of moisture buildup in his eyes

     "What do you want Flamel?" He growled with his voice quivering. You've never seen Malfoy like this, and you reckoned no one else had either.

     "I don't want trouble Malfoy I just heard some noise and came to check it out" you said honestly.

     "Well you know what it was, now you can be on your way." Draco said apathetically while lowering his wand.

     "Hey, are you okay?" You asked with genuine concern.

     "I'm just fine Flamel, just go away" Draco said angrily.

     "No your not Draco I wasn't born yesterday, I know we don't know each other but I hate seeing people upset" You said with a small smile.

     "What do you want Y/N? Should I pour my heart out and tell my hopes and dreams, and we can ride off on unicorns together?" he barked.

     "No", you said with an eyeroll, "Listen, you don't have to tell me what's wrong, but I'm not leaving until I get you to smile". You smirked at Draco causing him to roll his eyes at you.

     "I'd like to see you try Flamel" he scoffed. You made some faces at him which received no reaction from the platinum haired boy. You thought for a moment and immediately got an idea.

     "Draco guess who I am! OW MY SCAR! I almost got myself killed, you know what that means Gryffindor magically won the house cup last minute!" you exclaimed. Draco shook his head at you trying to hide the fact that his mouth was curled slightly. "Ha! That was clearly a smile" you teased triumphantly.

     "Whatever you say Flamel, just as long as that means you'll leave me alone now he said with a smirk.

     "Sure thing Malfoy," you said devilishly, you suddenly hugged him causing him to stiffen uncomfortably. This made you laugh as you started to walk away, "By bestie" you said teasingly causing Malfoy to groan.

     "You better not start calling me that Flamel" he said folding his arms.

     Just before you turned the corner back towards your common room you smiled and said,"Don't worry Malfoy, I definitely will.