4-The Sorting

"I-I'm sorry... I wasn't looking and I..." you met eyes with the person you collided with.

     "Can't get enough of me can you hun?" Malfoy said with a smirk.

     "Listen this really isn't the time," you tried to brush past him but he caught you by the shoulder. 

     "Why in such a rush?" he said devilishly. You could feel the tears building up but you knew that you shouldn't cry.

     "J-just get out of my way!" for a second you thought you saw concern in his face but it quickly melted away. You ran till you finally reached the bathroom car. You looked at yourself in the mirror and just stayed there for a while. I don't really know who Potter is but he is the reason i'm losing my grandparents. You recomposed yourself and began to walk back to your train car when you heard commotion up ahead. 

      "Potter? Here for another year of magically winning the house cup through the 'Magic of Friendship'," said the oh so familiar voice.

      "Piss off and tell your father Malfoy," said the dark haired boy. You knew at once that it was him. He gave off a different kind of arrogance than Malfoy, at least Draco knew he was a prick. Harry however, seemed to think he was somehow special for having a scar. Maybe this was just the grudge you had against him, but something about him was extremely infuriating. Watching the two bicker was entertaining, but you couldn't help but snicker at Malfoy's comments, unlike the rest of the crowd. Potter stormed off and the crowd dispersed. You walked up behind Malfoy and clapped.

     "Great show! That kid needed a knock off his high horse," Draco stared with a confused look, "Now don't get me wrong , I still think you're an Ass. But I can appreciate what you did there". This made him smile but once again a slight show of emotion quickly glided off his face. He rolled his eyes and walked away. The rest of the ride you chatted with Luna and Calliope, but you occasionally found your mind back to Malfoy, somehow his run in with Potter made him more appealing. 

     Finally you arrived at Hogwarts, you were put in a line with a bunch of little kids at the front of the Great Hall. This caused a lot of confusion in the room, because you stuck out like a sore thumb. "Y/N Flamel" You sat nervously in the chair while all eyes were on you. 

     "Very curious case this is... I see, a strong thirst to prove yourself, but I see your intentions lie with your deep affection for your loved ones. Kind heart. Ah but stubborn... but always honest, that's an important one, I almost made the mistake of grouping you in slytherin at first, but I see verrrry clearly now, better be... HUFFLEPUFF" the hat exclaimed. 

     Cheers echoed from the left middle, and you could see Calliope jumping excitedly, and at the other table right behind her was Luna with a carefree wave. As you joined the rest of the Hufflepuffs you got a sense that your days at Hogwarts will definitely be interesting. As you took your seat you felt a tap behind you which made you jump. Behind you at the Slytherin table was once again Draco Malfoy.

     "Shame you couldn't join us but I know we'll be seeing more of eachother Flamel," he said with that same old cocky grin. Crap, now he knows my name, no way I'm getting rid of him anytime soon...

A/N no you most definitely will not be getting rid of him. So like I've posted quite a few chapters, and no ones really reading them, but it's fine, I'm enjoying writing this, and if you happen to be actually reading this, Hi! what do you think so far?