Back to the Present

Th parents stood where their children had been just a moment ago before they disappeared into thin air. They were too shocked to say a word... I suppose that's incorrect though. Ginny had no problem screaming as though her son were right in front of her.

How could he be so dumb? His brother had gotten into trouble himself with time turners but at least that was for a good cause. This was just James being the troublemaker he always was. It had been fine when he was younger but he was about to enter his last year at Hogwarts and then he would have to decide his future... how could he be so stupid? and how could his cousin have gone along with it?

"Where do you think they could be?" Hermione asked quietly.

"You mean when?" Harry attempted a joke but quickly withdrew within himself when he saw his wife's angry face turn on him.

Just then they heard George and Angelina walk back in. They had gone out to get some last minute ingredients for Fleur's dinner. They would probably come up to check on their kids... The four of them could hear them talking downstairs. Ron and Harry were absolutely terrified of what would happen. Their wives were scary enough on their own but with Angelina and Fleur, both very overprotective mothers, it would be the most terrifying thing in the world. They were even able to sense a shift in Ginny and Hermione. 

They were supposed to check on the kids and they somehow let a bunch of teenagers slip through their grasp. Ginny would be bearing the burden though... she and Harry always did whenever James messed up. Hermione was worried though too. Rose was supposed to be the good influence who stopped all of this. I mean none of the younger ones listened to Teddy and Victorie since they were 'adults' now but Rose should have been able to at least try.

"Okay... let's get our story straight... we heard fighting... came upstairs and saw James twist the timeturner and send all the kids to who knows where." Hermione started.

"Oh so blame it all on James?" Ginny asked angrily. 

"Well he was the one with the timeturner..."

"Yeah but you didn't see any of the others fighting him, did you?"

"They probably didn't get the chance." Both of their voices were rising in argument.

"Okay, okay, calm down..." Harry interceded before the two could fight.

"'Mione is giving James all of the blame and acting as though it's somehow my fault." Ginny gave in defense.

"DON'T CALL Me 'MIONE! And I'm not saying it's your fault."

"Ron calls you 'Mione."

"Yeah but he's my husband." Ron brightened at this. Even after all these years it was wonderful to hear her call him that.

"But I'm your best friend."

"No I am. I'm her husband."

"No I'm her best friend." Harry joined in on the fight.

"Guys stop! We're not little kids. Our children are missing with some timeturner which is probably so old that it broke after the one use meaning a bunch of teenagers are lost in time." Hermione broke in. She hadn't wanted to though. It was nice to hear something so childish and simple coming from her friend's mouths again. It was almost like they were back in the Gryffindor common room again. Most days her talks with Harry were about paperwork; with Ron about the kids; and Ginny about whether Lily could help Hugo with his Potions or not. 

It was impossible to forget the fact that their children were somewhere stranded in time though so she had to bring them back into the present.

"How did he get a timeturner anyway?" Ron asked. "I thought they had all been destroyed." Harry looked down rather awkward, running his hand through his mess of hair. Hermione's eyes widened.

"Harry! You didn't, did you?!"

"What?" Ginny snapped suspiciously.

"We found another timeturner recently and since I hadn't hidden the last one so well I gave it to Harry figuring he'd keep it somewhere safe. NOT BRING IT HOME WITH HIM!"

"Harry! You brought a timeturner into a house with James in it?" Ginny asked unbelieving.

"What about a timeturner?" Fleur asked as she, George, Angelina and Bill came in.

"And James?" George added.

"Where are my children?" Angelina demanded.

"James did it." Ron blurted out as though he were a schoolboy caught in an act.

"Still such a prat." Ginny said under her breath. "Listen they found a timeturner and... quite stupidly... used it."

"WHAT?" Fleur and Angelina shouted in unison.