First test

"So should we start?" Only silence followed Harry's question. They had too many worries plaguing their mind. What if they went to the wrong time? What if there was some defect? What if they couldn't find the kids? What if they never saw their kids again? 

"Of course." Hermione said looking determined though you could see the cracks of worry.

"Oh yeah of course... just going back in time is all, not anything new for you two is it?" Ron said sarcastically with the worry and stress piling up and making him like a 16-year old boy again.

"Ronald!" Hermione burst out exasperated.

"Jeez 'Mione, calm down..." he said hoping to defend himself.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" Her voice broke a bit and a silent sob came out. "Our kids are stuck in the war... don't you remember how scary that was... I had to obliviate my parents and may have never seen them again... I had absolutely no one!" She fell to the floor trying to block out the memories. Ron bent down on his tired bones to comfort her.

"I thought you were the brightest witch of your age... you know you always had me... even when I was being a total git... and Harry, though he acted like a prat way more than me... you had all of us... even if we might've driven you to insanity..." Harry looked annoyed at the insult but Hermione let out a little chuckle.

"I don't care about the bad memories. I just want my babies to get out of there." Angelinasaid sharply. "They were never supposed to be in a war. Wasn't that why we all fought?! For a better future? All of those people died for it..." Everyone went quiet. Before any of them had even turned 25 they had all lost way too many... Fred, Lupin, Dobby, Mad-eye, Dumbledore, Snape, Tonks....

"Well you can add James to that list because I swear I'm gonna kill him." Ginny attempted to joke but just started crying. Her older brother... 20 years couldn't really take all that pain.

"We could sure use a joke right now..." Bill said to George.

"Fred was always the one to start them." George mumbled.

"For merlin's sake can we stop talking about this!" Ron let out.

"Ron's right... here Percy..." Harry handed him the scratched up, dilapidated time turner. "So you turn it 5 times then-"

"Seriously, Harry! You can't just hand it to him and expect it to work perfect on the first time!" Hermione broke in. "How are you even head of your department?!" She whisper-shouted.

"Hey!"

"Sorry... listen whoever's going first needs to try going back a few hours or even days if they must... certainly not right into 1997... then they need to see the effects of the time-traveling, how long they can stay there, if they'd be able to take anyone back..." She listed on and on.

"What do you mean whoever's going? I thought it was decided Perce was going?" Ron interrupted.

"Well it hasn't been decided Ronald... maybe it'd be best if I go. I am Minister of Magic after all. I've already informed the ministry of what happened so..."

"No! It's too dangerous for you!" Ron stopped her.

"Well it's too dangerous for Percy!" Audrey broke in. "He's older than her and he's only a lower ministry member... Lucy and Molly aren't even there!" Ginny whispered an insult and Audrey turned to her. "I'm sorry that I'm so worried about my husband's safety... I don't see you volunteering yourself or Harry!"

"We both offered but quite honestly the only person who wouldn't have to face their younger self and who could use seeing some more of Fred is your husband because he left his family for all those years!!"

"Gin... calm down." Harry whispered.

"I will not calm down! I want my kids back!"

"Harry give me the time turner." Percy simply announced causing everyone to finally turn his way.

"No. Not yet... you first have to prepare... you can't talk to anyone you know or let them see you... at least this first time. Try to find out the year so we can confirm the turner's increments then-"

"Okay, 'Mione I think he'll be fine... just breathe..." upon hearing his words Hermione realized she hadn't taken a breath in a solid minute or two. She released the air and attempted a smile but couldn't.

"Okay you sure you'll be okay?" Percy nodded taking the time turner from Harry and looking down on it.

"Please don't be an idiot..." Ginny said as she went up and hugged him.

"Yeah don't do anything I wouldn't do." George joked.

"Be careful." Fleur and Bill said together. They were both somehow still taller than Percy... maybe that was just because they were the only ones older than him...

As he clutched the time turner, his wife hugged and kissed him. She had worry etched on her simple, quiet, beautiful features. 

Boy am I lucky to have gotten her, he thought. He never thought he'd find someone to marry him and he'd never believe he could have two beautiful daughters. They were both like their mother fortunately. Hadn't taken after the prat... it always hurt that he was the least favorite brother, least favorite uncle, least favorite son... in his heart of hearts he believed most of them would've been much happier if he had been the one to die instead of Fred. Heck he would've been happier. Right when he finally made his younger brother laugh, Fred had to go and-

He coughed a bit to clear away the tears and smiled as he twisted the time turner and disappeared before their very eyes.