When are they?

"So where do you think they could be?" George asked, trying to be a bit calm so that his wife didn't fully go off the rails.

"You mean when!" His wife shouted in response as she paced James' room with his various quidditch posters and assorted trinkets from the joke shop. 

"Yeah, right... when are they?" Ron joked hopelessly as his wife glared at him.

"Is there any way to figure out what time they traveled to?" Fleur cut through hoping Hermione might know something about the time turners. They all knew she had been given one in her third year.

Hermione shook her head. "It'd be impossible to tell... this one was defective and old so they might not be able to use it again..."

"That better be the case cause I swear if they're able to come back and they're just leaving us here to worry I'll..." Ginny voice rose as she clenched her fists.

"Calm down Gin..." Harry rubbed her tense shoulders hoping to calm his tired wife. They were too old for this. 

"There may be one way..." Bill started. 

"What?" Fleur turned to her husband.

"Well... the kids might not have been alone..." Everyone gave him a questioning look, begging him to go on. "Wasn't Kreacher up here earlier since he thought James had stolen something?" Harry's face brightened considerably as he called out for the house elf. Kreacher appeared looking worried. Ginny immediately pressed him for information on their kids and he regretted to tell them that he had been hiding under the bed and had been worried they would get angry at him for not stopping the children. This instantly got a sympathetic look from Hermione and an eye roll from Ron from his wife's ever-present sympathy for the house elves... even after almost thirty years.

"How many times did James twist the time turner?" Angelina demanded. Kreacher became rather annoyed at her tone but begrudgingly answered about four or five.

"Okay... that time turner was in increments of five so..."

"They would be in either 2002 or... 1997..." Harry said realizing the danger.

Fleur let out a gasp of fear. Ginny and Hermione went ghost white. 

"Well... 2002 wasn't too bad a year right..." George started hopefully.

"1997 was though." Harry cut through.

"Well... if they went to the beginning of the year they wouldn't deal with anything too bad..." Ron said hoping to reassure himself.

"Except you with Lavender..." Ginny joked.

"It would go to this day in 1997." Hermione said knitting her brow in worry. 

"Our anniversary's only a few days away though." Fleur said anxiously.

"Which is why if they're in 1997 we have to get them out of there."

"But how?" Harry asked. Just then the doorbell rang and Lucy's loud, obnoxious knock could be heard accompanied by her twin sister's remonstrances. Bill and Harry had enough sense to go downstairs and greet the newcomers.

"Where are all the kids?" Audrey asked as she, her husband and two daughters came into James' room.

"Did... one of the kids do something?" Percy asked. They all knew who he meant.

"They either went to 2002 or 1997..."

"We still have time turners?!"

"Maybe..." Harry started awkwardly.

"What are you guys going to do?" Lucy asked presumptuously. Something seemed to click in Ron's head at that moment, a light bulb went off.

"I have an idea."

"It's a miracle!" Ginny couldn't help but joke. They couldn't help laughing before they turned to Ron for his plan.

"Well... I know Hugo was trying to fix up some old time turner..."