Writing back

"So... that was us, huh?" Harry awkwardly asked, breaking the silence. Albus gave his dad a look.

"I couldn't possibly sound like that!" Ginny burst out exasperated.

"And since when am I pushy?" Hermione added. Ron gave her a look saying 'well...'. "Oh shut up Ronald!"

"I didn't say anything."

"You sounded like you don't care about your nieces and nephews... only your precious Rosie and Hugo..." Ginny flailed her arms mockingly.

"Well at least I didn't sound ready to kill my son!"

"Umm... could we please have the locket?" Rose asked breaking up the two.

"You mean this locket?" Ginny asked pointing to the chain around her neck.

"No Regulus Black's locket... Of course your locket!" James said and then caught himself as Victorie and Teddy gave him a look.

"R.A.B.... Regulus Black!" Hermione shouted as her eyes widened. "Oh Harry!"

"Nice going James..." Dominique jeered.

"It was an accident... they'll forget this anyway."

"But we need that information!" Harry objected. "We need to know if we win! Do we?"

"Are you that dull?" James quipped. 

"No you didn't win dad... Voldy beat you but instead of killing you he said why don't you go off, have a nice life, marry your little high school sweetheart and have three little kids, having a perfectly wonderful life... sure sounds like something ole Tom Riddle would do right?" Albus said with as much sarcasm as was possible.

"I don't appreciate the sarcasm... son... if you didn't realize we're... I'm fighting for my life here." Harry said with just as much sarcasm.

"Al, would you stop fighting with dad and get the blo..." she stopped herself, "I mean get the locket." She looked around innocently at her mother, grandmother and aunt. They were the only three that scared her... and of course her father but most of the time he just laughed thinking it cute she cursed like her mum and uncle.

"Why are you asking me? It's mum's locket."

"Okay... mum?" She turned to Ginny who gave a look at the name but begrudgingly handed over the necklace.

"Okay so how should we write it in?" Roxanne asked.

"Simple. The burning charm." Rose snatched up the necklace and Lily rolled her eyes.

"We can't set it on fire!" Louis exclaimed.

"Oh not that charm! The other one... I forgot the name..."

"Oh my, little Rosiekins forgot something?! How terrible!" James started. 

"Aunt Hermione would be so ashamed!" Freddie finished.

"Oh shut it!... it's a new charm if you forgot... they don't even teach it cause it hasn't been tested..."

"Mum is the only one who's been able to do it Rosie... and that's cause she came up with it... maybe you shouldn't tr-" but before Hugo could finish Rose had cast the charm and was starting to dictate. Her cousins added in words which she usually crossed out.

"We cannot say Teddy knocked the time turner out of your hands James!... or that Freddie helped you!... Freddie why do you want me to put that?!... I am not saying he stole your invention Hugo! That only gets us in trouble...no I am not putting we are all to blame!"

Finally they settled on their message and handed it back to Ginny. They sat for a second waiting for the return patronus. Molly had already brought out dessert and started to set out extra sheets for the kids.