Hogwarts Letter • Chapter 1

Chapter One

Y/n's P.O.V

"You have mail!" my dad yelled out to me as I slid down the stairs.

"From where?" I asked confused. He shrugged before handing me a letter. I grabbed it, turning it back and forth trying to figure out what it was or who it was from.

That's when I finally noticed.

This was from Hogwarts! "No way." I grinned, reaching out to hug my dad. "I guess you can finally go." he said rolling his eyes.

My dad is a professor at Hogwarts and I wasn't able to go previous years because of everything that was happening with Harry Potter.

Considering the fact that he is a professor, he has been homeschooling me while he was away.

He brought me back books and would tell me what to do through mail that we regularly sent back and forth. If I accepted and went I would automatically be in my fourth year.

Although, the part that sucks is that it's Christmas break hence why my dad is back home.

My father is Severus Snape. And despite his reputation he is a sweetheart to me...sort of.

"Can I really?" I said excitedly jumping up and down. "I guess, I'm getting tired of teaching you from home" he groaned as I hit his shoulder with a giggle.

"Wait so does this mean I have to wait until next year?" I asked, disappointment beginning to sink in.

"No I asked Dumbledore and he's allowed you to join now, I didn't tell you but I did give you extra work so you should be ahead of what you are learning right now Y/n. So I expect amazing grades." he said, raising an eyebrow.

"And you will get them." I said running back up to my room.

"We leave tomorrow so be ready!" he yelled out. I cheered, closing the door and doing a little victory dance.

I was so excited! I have been waiting for this moment for forever!

I couldn't shake off the fact that I would be the only one going during this time of year and it was slightly freaking me out. I slept easier than expected, knocking out as soon as I hit the pillow.

"Morning." My dad said as he leaned against the door frame.

His sudden presence frightening me, making me fall off of my bed. "Careful darling, you don't want to go in with bruises on your first day" He said, moving to help me up.

"Thanks" I groaned.

"Are you taking me?" I asked him, confused.

"Sadly no. I have to leave already to set up for class. Here is your ticket for the train you leave at four and Emaline has decided to ride with you, I got her excused from her classes so you won't be completely alone on the train ride." he said, handing me a rather large train ticket.

"Thank you!" I replied hugging him tightly.

Emaline was one of my best friends.

She got to go to Hogwarts when she turned 11 while I stayed behind. We still kept in great contact and sent letters 24/7 as well as hang out all summer. She was a Slytherin.

"Okay I just wanted to say bye before I left. There is breakfast in the kitchen if you want some. Bye love you." he said before walking out. "Love you too!" I yelled out.

I fell against the bed falling asleep once again.

I woke up to my cat jumping on me. "Ugh get off whiskers" I groaned pushing the grey cat which only resulted in her meowing. "Fine, I'm up." I said with a small laugh.

I looked up at the clock.

Oh my god! It's already 1pm.

First chapter done!!! I hope you enjoyed leave comments/votes! 🤍