Longbottom • Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Y/n's P.O.V

"Oh please, he has two left feet." I complained. "Is there someone else you would rather dance with Miss Snape?" McGonagall asked with a small grin. I turned to look at my options.

Draco, I would love to dance with him but he probably is no better than Weasley here.

Blaise, yeah no I'll leave that to Emaline.

Then my eyes landed on Neville. He looked as if he wanted to dance but was scared to.

"Longbottom" I said out loud.

Everyone's eyes went wide. That seemed to happen often. "You heard the girl, Weasley go sit down, Neville get up here." she said, calling the boy over.

He stood up nervously walking towards me. I heard a few laughs from the boys but I just rolled my eyes.

"Okay Mr. Longbottom place your hand on her waist and hold her other hand in yours." He moved quickly as if already knowing what to do. A few whistles came from the room, but I just smiled at him comfortingly.

"Alright one two three, one two three." The music started and Neville was swaying me side to side.

He was actually a really good dancer.

Together we were amazing.

He gave me one last twirl ending in a dip before picking me back up. The music ended and McGonagall started clapping.

"See class, this is what I call dancing." she said excitedly, patting Neville and I. "You dance really good." I whispered placing a small kiss on his cheek causing him to go red.

We sat back down and the boys congratulated him while the girls asked me if he really was a good dancer.

I hyped him up a bit, trying to get some girls to go for him.

*
(Y/n can't hear there convo)
"Why do they have to travel in packs?" Harry asked his friend.

"How are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?" he added, stressed out. "Blimey Harry. You've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date, who can?" Ron complained.

"I think I'd take the dragon right now." he said looking at all the girls. 

"This is mad. At this rate we'll be the only ones without dates." Ron sighed.

Snape smacked his head making me giggle. Ron turned to me glaring. I gave him a small smile before going back to doing my work.

"Did you see that?" he turned to look at his friends.

"See what?" Hermione asked confused "Nevermind." He turned back around to continue doing his work. Maybe he'll ask y/n, he thought.

Chapter Nine done!!! Yayyy!!! Hope you guys enjoyed! Plzzz vote and comment!🤍