Apologies • Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

Y/n's P.O.V

I sighed. "Hey Snape, you coming?" Draco said peeking his head through the door.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I said running up to the boy. "Guess detention wasn't so bad after all now was it?" he turned to me.

"Nope it was still bad." I told him with a smile as we walked to the dorms.

*

"Hello class. Can anyone tell me what Amortentia is?" My dad asked.

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in existence. It has a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they find most attractive, even if the person doesn't acknowledge or is unaware of their fondness for the object of their affection themselves." Hermione answered.

"Correct." he answered. "Professor aren't we supposed to learn this in our sixth year?" Emaline asked.

"Yes Emaline, although I found a small break in, in my potion closet." He responded.

Draco and I looked at eachother confused considering we just rearranged it a few days ago.

"I'm surprised you two didn't notice since you were cleaning, it was spilled all over the top counter." My dad pointed at Draco and I.

Oh merlin, is that why I smelled his cologne and green apples.

Oh no no no.

Does he know what this means? Hopefully not. Wait does that mean he feels the same, I mean he smelled my perfume and I didn't bother to wear that much yesterday.

I turned to look at him to see that he was already looking at me, he turned away quickly. Please let this class go by fast.

*

"Whats up with you?" Hermione asked moving next to me.

"You know how we talked about Amortentia. Well when we were cleaning I kinda maybe told Draco he wore too much cologne." I cringed.

Her eyes widened as she bursted out laughing.

"In my defense, he said he smelled my lipgloss and perfume." I shrugged. "He's going mad for you." she smirked. I shook my head as we continued to walk.

I walked into the common room rather happy but it faded once I realized I would have to face Emaline.

I sighed opening the door to our room and seeing her face down on her bed.

She instantly sat up hearing the door open. "Y/n" she said surprised. "What, I can't be in my own room now?" I asked annoyed. "No, listen I'm really sorry." she whispered.

I huffed. "I am! I didn't mean what I said. I was just mad that you left me for some boy." she covered her face with her hands.

"I would never Em" I replied.

"I know but I couldn't find you after the dance and I thought you left me all alone." she sighed.

"It's complicated. I saw Draco with Pansy and I kinda just broke. I didn't want to stop you from having fun." I said softly sitting next to her on the bed.

"You can always come to me Y/n anytime, anywhere." she smiled pulling me into a hug. "I hate fighting." "I know me too" I mumbled.

"Well we have a few hours till dinner and I have a basket of chocolate frogs calling our name" she smirked.

"You don't have to tell me twice."

*

"Where are the boys?" I asked as we sat on the couch of the common room.

"Probably at dinner already" she shrugged. "Do you think that Parkinson girl is coming again?" I complained.

"Hopefully not." Emaline replied linking her arm with mine.

We walked out of the common room.

We passed the library and I quickly look inside to see the golden trio talking, and looking extremely stressed out. "Hey you uhm go on without me." I told her with a small smile.

"Alright don't take forever." she told me walking ahead. I turned back around running inside the library.

I love writing this story so much! I hope you guys like it so far! Leave a comment/vote!🤍