New Professor • Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-One

Y/n's P.O.V

There he was. His hair was combed and he was dressed in all black. He was looking out the window.

"Malfoy." I greeted as I walked towards him.

"Y/n" he turned, pulled me into a hug. "Did you get my letter?" he asked pulling away. "Yes, It's okay." I replied taking a seat next to him. "Where's Blaise?" I asked as Emaline took a seat across from us.

"Right here. I come bearing gifts." I heard a voice call out from behind me.

I turned to see him holding up a bunch of candy. He sat down next to Em and handed us each a chocolate frog. "How was your guys summer?" he asked.

"Good, my dad was gone more than half of the time." I told the group opening the candy box.

Draco seemed to stiffen at my words, and sit up straighter.

"I spent basically my whole summer at Y/n's" Em told the boys. "How was yours?" I asked turning to Draco. "You know we just uhm did stuff." he said nodding.

I gave him a weird look before shrugging and going back to eating the food Blaise brought.

It wasn't long before the train ride arrived at Hogwarts and we got off.

I saw the trio not too far in front of us and I noticed Draco was picking up his pace.

"I'm surprised the ministry is letting you walk around free Potter, enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Same old Malfoy. Harry lunged toward Draco making me step in front of him.

"Cool it boys!" I growled before grabbing Draco's hand and pulling him away.

"You're acting like a child Malfoy." I scolded him. "Whatever." he replied annoyed.

*

"Good evening children!" Dumbledore called out.

"I would like to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Umbridge". I saw my dad give her a nasty glare. I felt bad.

My dad had always wanted to teach DADA but he just never got the chance to. She laughed interrupting the headmaster.

She stood up and started to walk to the front of the tables.

"Thank you headmaster, for those kind words." she spoke. I rolled my eyes. "Even her voice is annoying." I hissed making Em chuckle from next to me.

"And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure were all going to be very, good friends." she smiled. "That's likely." The twins said.

I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

She continued to talk but I found myself zoning out.
"She's bizarre." Blaise complained. "Tell me about it."

*

"Good morning children." Everyone turned to see Umbridge standing behind the class.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations, more commonly know as OWLS." she smiled. "What are we first years?" I whispered to Draco.

He hushed me.

She passed books to each desk. "There's nothing in here about using defensive spells" Hermione questioned.

"I can't imagine why you would need to use spells like that." she laughed. "Were not going to use magic?" I asked confused. "You'll be learning in a risk free way". "What's the use of that? If we're going to be attacked it won't be risk free." Harry mocked.

"Students will raise there hand when they speak in my class" she said strictly.

"I'm going to prepare you for your examinations, which is what school is all about." "And how is theory supposed to prepare us for whats out there?" I asked.

"Y/n be quiet." Draco whispered.

"There is nothing out there. Who could possibly want to harm students like yourselves?" she asked.

"Oh, I don't know maybe Lord Voldemort." Harry replied making the class gasp.

Of course I was going to speak up, I loved DADA and she was taking it away from me.

"This is a lie." "It is not a lie! Harry saw him and he fought him!" I yelled. "Detention Miss Snape" she yelled at me, making me flinch.

"So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead at his own account." Harry fired back. I flinched again at his name. "Detention Mr. Potter! Now does anyone else have anything more to say?" she yelled harshly looking around.

"Good!". I huffed sinking in to my seat.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Leave a comment and vote!🤍