Chapter 3

Amelia's POV

I opened my eyes to see a white fabric right in front of my face. I was confused first few seconds then I saw the same man from yesterday. I yanked myself off of him and took a look at myself. My clothes were untouched and that made me sigh in relief.

Why is he even in a bed with me? I have so many questions for him. I always thought or that's what I saw in movies, when they kidnap you they will lock you in some dirty room without food and water, but I could never expect to sleep on a really nice bed in a decent room.

I quietly got up from the bed, but it squeaked a bit making him stirr around the bed and open his eyes.
"Where are you going?" He asked with husky voice. It was so h—... No! Stop it!
"Bathroom." I said. He nodded and rolled on the other side. I really got some chill kidnapper, didn't I?

I entered the bathroom and locked the door in every case. I grabbed a towel from the cabinet and stripped myself before going inside the shower. I used his shampoo and conditioner. It actually smelled nice. I got dressed in my old clothes and just when I thought I don't have a toothbrush, I looked at the sink to see two tootbrushes.

I took the red one from the cup and brushed my teeth. When I got out, I was met with annoyed look of my kidnapper.
"What took you so long? Move!" He pushed me at the side and entered the bathroom. Chill, man!

In the meanwhile I went to go out of the room, but figured out it's locked. I sighed in annoyance and sat back on a bed. He got out after a while and dressed himself in front of me. I, of course, looked at the wall in front of me while he was dressing behind me.

"Well, for a start, my name is Nathan. You will stay here for the time being." He said once he stood in front of me.
"In this room? All day?" I gasped.
"And what did you think? I will walk you out so you could escape?" He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms on my chest.
"What's your name?"
"Amelia." I replied.

"So Amelia, I will bring you breakfast. You can have fun while waiting." He said and unlocked the door before going out. How funny, he is so sarcastic! I don't like it here. I miss my mom. I wonder if they figured out I went missing yet.

My mom will get so worried when she founds out. I wish I could get back. By now, I would already be in school. I don't even know what time is it, but I can already see sun rays through the small window.

I thought I waited for the eternity before he came back inside the room with a tray of food. He placed the tray on the nightstand and went to the other side of a bed. I looked at him to see him on his phone.

I saw toast with eggs and bottle of water on a wooden tray. I placed a tray on my lap and started eating. It was actually really good which surprised me in a good way. When I finished, I drank half of a bottle and sighed in content. This made me missing my mom's food.

I turned to him but he was still on a phone. I put my legs on a bed and fidgeted with my fingers.
"Nathan, I'm bored." I said.
"Then do something." He answered.
"What would I do in a single room?"
"Clean it." He smirked still looking at his phone.
"I won't clean your room." I said making an emphasize on 'your'.
"Then be bored." He shrugged.

"How old are you?" I asked.
"20."
"I'm 16. My full name is Amelia Julia Davis. What's yours?"
"Nathan John Roberts."
"I always wanted to be a teacher in a kindergarten. Do you think I'm ever going to go to college?"
"I don't know."

"Talk to me, Nathan." I yelled suddenly. He put his phone down and looked at me.
"I don't know, alright? You can't go back to school until your stupid father repays the debt to my boss." He shouted at me making me flinch.

He rubbed his forehead in frustration and leaned on the headboard. I brought my knees and tucked them under my chin.
"I'm sorry for yelling at you, but that's the truth, Amelia." He apologized making me surprised and sad at the same time.

I laid next to him and closed my eyes. I just wish this is all one big nightmare and I will wake up one day. I don't know how long will I be here or what's going to happen to me, but there is only two solutions, I'm going to die or be free. I extended my hand in his direction as he placed his hand in mine. I felt at ease that he is not going to hurt me, yet.