Chapter 18

Amelia's POV

''You met your dad?'' I widened my eyes.
''Yes.'' He answered, bored.
''But didn't you tell me he is dead?''
''I did, but he faked death so he could get revenge on Daniel.''
''Wow.'' I said shocked.

''It's done. you like it?'' He asked me.
''Yeah. It's pretty.'' I said, looking at the braid he made on my hair. It was very cute. He was so adorable for trying even if I know he doesn't like this kind of stuff.

I got up and fixed my pants. He pulled me in front of him.
''I will give videos to police. It will be over soon.'' He said and wrapped his arms tightly around me.
''I know. You won't have to worry about anything anymore.'' I smiled and kissed the top of his head. He suffered enough. He got up as we went out of the room.

My mom made lunch today and it was amazing. I still can't get used to a fact that I'm eating my mom's food again. I missed that so much. I washed the dishes after we finished and went to take a nap.

I laid on the bed and checked some notifications. Nathan came out of the bathroom and laid next to me. He spooned me and wrapped his arm around my waist like always. I was soon sleeping soundly.

When I opened my eyes, I noticed I was laying on his chest. He was on his phone typing to someone. I buried my face in his chest and put my leg over his stomach.
"Are you awake, baby?" I nodded my head.
"My father wants to have dinner with us. Are you okay with that?" He asked me. I was at first shook, but that's his father. It would be okay to meet him.

"It's okay." I said. He chuckled and put small kiss on my cheek. I rolled off of him and got up. I put my hair in a messy bun as I went to the bathroom. I don't know what to wear. What if his father doesn't like me?

I hope everything will be fine. I don't want to even think about embarassing myself. I don't want to disappoint Nathan. I love him and I want look good in front of the people he loves.

I got out after taking a shower and dressed myself in a nice baby pink dress. Nathan already got dressed in a white polo T-shirt and black pants. He looked so handsome. I put on my sandals and styled my hair. I didn't buy any makeup so I just put some chapstick.

We got out of the house after saying bye to my mom. While driving, Nathan said the dinner will be in a restaurant. His father is probably waiting for us there. I was suprised when I saw really modern and elegant retaurant.

Nathan took my hand in his as we entered the restaurant. There was a lady who showed us the table. All these people were dressed so nicely, making me think I didn't put any effort in my outfit.

I spotted grey haired man sitting in the corner of a table. That's probably him. And Nathan really resembles on him. But I became a little bit nervous.

"Hello! I guess you're Amelia, right?" He smiled and shook my hand.
"That's right."
"My name is Nick." He said as I gave him a small smile. We sat down on the chairs as waiter took our orders.

We were just chatting about some random things. He is really nice person and I'm glad he is Nathan's father. Even if their life is not so great, they both managed to stay sane and kind to others. I'm really proud for Nathan about everything that happened in his life, he stayed strong.

Waiter came back with our orders. I ordered steak and vegetables on grill. I also took green salad as side dish. It was actually really good once I tried it. People around us were talking and laughing. It was great atmosphere.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." Nathan excused himself and got up which left me and his father alone. I felt awkward all of the sudden.
"I know he did some not so good things, but he is still pure soul. I hope you understand that, Amelia." His father said with empathy.

"I know that, Sir. He really is." I said honestly.
"Do you love him?" I almost chocked on my breath when he asked me that. I started sttutering and didn't know what to answer him.
"With how you are looking at him, I know you love him. Thank you for that." He said as I blushed.

"Please spend time with him well, dear. He deserves it." He added making me confused. It's not like he is going anywhere. Why did he said that?
"I will, Sir." I said. He cleared his throat when I realized Nathan is coming back.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked me. I nodded my head and got up. He left the money as we got out. His father said bye before he got in his car. Me and Nathan entered our car as he drove off to the apartment.

I was thinking about what his father said to me. I'm still confused about it and I don't know what that meant. It felt like it had a hidden meaning.