Chapter 10

Nathan's POV

"Nathan, come to the bed already." I heard Amelia whine. I was in a bathroom brushing my teeth. It was late and we were just getting ready to sleep.

I got out of the bathroom and saw her wrapped in a blanket looking absolutely adorable. I came on the my side of a bed and got under the blanket. I spooned her and wrapped my arm around her waist. She was out as soon as she closed her eyes.

I fell asleep too, but in the middle of a night sound on my phone woke me up. I got a message from an unknown number. I opened the message and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.
It said: Don't listen the orders from someone who killed your family.

What could that mean? I'm listening to what my Boss says. That means my Boss killed my family. What? That's impossible. Boss was the one who took me in after I lost my home and family. And who could this person be?

Without evidence I won't believe to anything. This person can't just randomly send me a message exclaiming my Boss killed my family. It's apsurd.

I shot down the phone and went back to sleep. I don't want to believe to anything without evidence or witness. It doesn't make sense. I was falling asleep again snuggling closer to Amelia.

•••

I woke up around 10 a.m. and saw Amelia already awake coming out of the bathroom. Her hair was wet so she probably took a shower. She went to the closet and took sweatpants and T-shirt she bought.

"Are you planning to get up?" She asked.
"Maybe." I chuckled. She rolled her eyes and started drying her hair. I got up and went to take a shower. Suddenly, I remembered about that text. I still can't believe it, but I have a little feeling that's bugging me.

I got out and dressed myself. I took my phone and decided to show that to Amelia and see how she would react.
"Amelia, can you please see this and tell me what you think about it?" I asked and showed her the text. She was silent for a few minutes.

"That may be the truth." She spoke. I was taken aback with her answer but it kind of satisfied me regarding that feeling.
"What?"
"I don't know about your family and I won't ask you anything until you want to tell me, but you know that your boss is capable of doing something like that."

"You want to say that I worked three years for a person who killed my family. That's a bulls*it!" I said frustrated. It can't be true.
"Believe in what you want to believe, but I think this text is possibly true." She said. I took my phone from her hands and sat down on the bed.

She continued doing her schoolwork leaving me confused and angry. Is it possible? I shook these thoughts out of my head and went to get some breakfast for Amelia.

My boss was always nice to me and he trusts me the most, so how could he do something so awful like the person in the text said. I'm confused with that. But Amelia is kind of right. He is capable of doing that. I don't know what to believe.

I brought her breakfast in the room and sat back on a bed. Just as I started thinking about that again, another message came from the same number. But this time it was video.

Once I saw what it was, I threw the phone on a floor. No no no. It can't be. Daniel raped my mom to death. Video showed my mom and that sick bastard I called my Boss raping her.

''Nathan, what's wrong?'' Amelia came to my side and cupped my face. I couldn't say anything. I was like frozen. She took the phone from the floor and gasped when she saw the video. She turned it off and put the phone on bed.

''That was my mom.'' I said, crying.
''I'm so sorry, Nathan. That's horrible what he did. I'm so sorry.'' She said and wrapped her arms around my neck. I leaned my head on her chest and cried. That sick bastard.

After all the sadness I felt at first, now, I was only feeling rage towards him. He will pay for what he did. I moved myself from Amelia and wiped my tears. I got up and took the gun from the nightstand.

''Where are you going with that, Nathan? Put that gun down.'' Amelia tried to reason me.
''I'm going to kill him.'' I spat as I reached for the doorknob when she tried to stop me.

''You're not going to become killer because of him. He is not worth it.'' She tried to reason me.
''He killed my mother in the worst death and you're telling me he is not worth it!?'' I yelled.
''Your mother wouldn't want you to become a killer, Nathan. Try to be reasonable.''

''Move.'' I said as I pointed gun to her head. She flinched back but didn't want to move. She was annoying me more now that she didn't listened to me.
''I know you wouldn't kill me. Put that gun down.'' She said and grabbed the gun slowly from my hands.

She was afraid of me. A person who means everything to me now, is scared of me. I know I would never hurt her, but it was in a moment.

''I'm sorry, Amelia. I don't now what happened to me in a moment.'' I apologized. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. How can her hugs be so relaxing?
''I know. Calm down first.'' I breathed in her scent and immeditely relaxed.

She laid me down on a bed and came next to me. She leaned my head on her chest and start doing that thumb thing that always made me sleepy. I wrapped my arms tight around her.

''I know you feel angry and rageous, but mostly sad. But you never make decisions when you feel these. If I found out something like that happened to my mother, I would never endure it because I'm not strong. You are strong, Nathan. Killing your boss won't fix anything. I know you don't seem like that is true, but you're too pure to carry someone's death on your soul.'' She said as she kissed my head.

''It's too much pain.''
''I know. But you don't have to kill him to get a revenge. You can hand him to police.'' She suggested. I know about that, but he has connections in police. How will I even manage to get him arrested?