Chapter 15

Amelia's POV

Next day, I woke up first. Nathan was sleeping soundly next to me. I slowly got up and picked clothes from the closet before going to the bathroom.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth. I put my hair in a messy bun and got dressed in blue jeans and black T-shirt. When I got out of the bathroom, I saw my mom in the kitchen, making coffee.

I sat down on the bar stool after I greeted her a good morning. She handed me orange juice because she knows I don't like coffee.

''Where is Nathan?''
''He is still sleeping. Did you sleep well?'' I asked her.
''Now that I know you're here, I did.'' She smiled.
''Me too.''

''About your father...'' She started.
''I know what happened. I'm sad that he is dead because he was still a father to me, but I'm not mourning about him.''
''Understandable. I feel the same.'' She said.

My mom had it harder and I won't be surprised if she hates him, but she is still sad about him because it wasn't always like that.

I looked towards the door when Nathan came out. He still looked tired from yesterday. He walked towards me and grabbed my head, giving me a kiss on a forehead. I blushed a bit because my mom was standing in front of us.

He sat down after he took a cup of coffee. I saw my mom's face full of questions on top of her head which made me embarassed.

''I feel like trunk hit me.'' He groaned.
''Do you want medicine?'' I asked him.
''No, I'm fine.'' He replied and sipped the coffee.

I got up and took the ingrediants to make us a breakfast. I made scrambled eggs and cooked sausages. I put that in three plates and served them on the island.

Nathan's mood increased by the time he finished eating. He thanked me for the food and went to take a shower. I picked the dishes and put them in a sink.

''What's going on between you two?'' Mom suddenly asked me.
''Nothing at all.'' I said, confused. Of course nothing is going on between us. I mean, I like him, but I'm not going to tell that to anyone.

He finished showering and entered the room when he called me. I wiped the last plate and went to see what he wants.

''What do you need?''
''I can't find my shirt.'' He said making me roll my eyes.
''Which one?'' I said as I got in front of the closet.
''Black one with white letters on it.'' He said, sitting on a bed.

I started looking through shirts I folded yesterday and I know I saw that one between others. I smiled when I found it.

''Here it is.'' I said. I put the opening over his head and he slipped his arms through sleeves. I took the brush from nightstand and brushed his long hair.
''You need a haircut.'' I commented as I styled his hair at the side.

''You're not going to give me one for sure.'' He said making me raise an eyebrow.
''I know how to cut a hair.''
''What you don't know?'' He asked me.
''Math.'' I chuckled.

He got up and took something from the drawer of nightstand. When he turned around, he gave me a phone. My phone.
''I forgot to give it to you yesterday.'' I grinned and and wrapped my arms around him.
''Thank you.'' I said.

''I need to go now. I will come back for lunch.'' He said. I got on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek.
''Be careful, okay?'' I warned him. He nodded.

We got out of the room. He got out as I went to join my mom on the couch. She was watching TV as I sat down next to her.

''This boy is nice.'' She commented.
''He is.'' I smiled.
''But you also know he doesn't do the right things.'' She added making me confused.
''I know that, but that doesn't mean he wants to do them. His Boss is at fault for that.'' I explained.

We stayed few minutes in a silence when I decided to ask her something.
''What happened with my school?'' I asked her.
''When your father figured out you were taken, he called school to tell them you'll continue being homeschooled so no one will assume anything. He didn't contacted the police  about that. He knew all along who took you and he didn't made a single move to get you back.'' She said.

''He even hit me when I tried to make him to do something. I was devastated, honey. I was so worried something will happen to you. I thought you were hurt.' She said. He hit her? Now, I'm not even sad about his death.

I embraced her as she started sobbing. My poor mother was so hurt and that bastard didn't even do something instead he hit her. I regret everytime I called him my father. He is nobody to me now.