8. Starks know how to throw a party

Hello fam!! Thanks for continuously reading and supporting my fic. It has reached 200 views and I'm elated. I hope you enjoy this chapter

Wanda had barely slept last night. She was running with two hours of sleep. She can't comprehend what her brother told her last night. But she believed him. He was shaken up and scared. There was no way he was lying. Throughout the day her mind kept visiting the story her brother told. By the evening she was glad that the day was over. She was planning to go home take a long bath and sleep in early. That's when it hit her, its Tony's birthday and there is no Stark's birthday without a party. There goes my sleep out of the window she thought.

She went home to see Pietro and Thompson cuddling while binge watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Her brother looked better than last night. He looked peaceful and rested.

"Hello guys. How was your day?"

"Woke up at mid-day and had lunch. Seeing friends since then."

"I thought you would have divided into investigation" Wanda laughed.

"First got to restore my vibes, sis."

"Dork" muttered Thompson under his breath. Only Pietro heard it and he shot a smile in his direction.

"You don't have work today, Jack?"

"I- uh took a day off."

"Then I take you're still coming to Tony's party" Wanda stated to her brother.

"You thought I was going to miss Stark's party. Sometimes I get the feel you don't even know me" he sighed dramatically.

The Maximoffs got ready for Tony's birthday party. They arrived at the Stark tower and were guided to the party floor. The room was decorated in gold and red. Frills of gold satin ribbons was wound around the red pillars. Helium filled golden and red balloons floated near the ceiling. Waiters carrying trays of appetizers or drinks and made their way around the party. Pietro took a champagne from the tray. He sipped the liquid and let out a contented sign.

The twins made their way through the party talking to other guests. Wanda finally saw Tony, Natasha and Steve. She walked up to the attention of the party. She conveyed the birthday wishes and hugged him. After chatting for some time, Tony left to see other guests.

When the band started playing, many entered the dance floor. Steve and Natasha joined them. Wanda was sitting in the bar having a drink when Howard walked up to the bar. He noticed Wanda. He seemed uncertain of himself. He wanted to talk with her but wasn't sure. He passed time sipping his drink. Finally, he made up his mind and turned to her.

"Uh.. want.. um want a dance?"

Wanda wished that she had stayed home. All day she had been avoiding Howard. She remembered the last incident. She had seen strange sights which she can't explain. Since then she had maintained a distance from him. After the incident, she felt extremely drained and had weight in her heart. But she was a lot better now having spent some quality time with Steve and her brother. But she was afraid it would happen again. He was one of her close friends and it pained her distance herself. From the look on his face, she knew it hurt him too.

"I- I don't think it's a good idea."

"Yeah... yeah I agree."

They remained silent and continued sipping their drink. Howard was the one who broke the silence, again.

"Is it about the last night?"

Wanda nodded. After sometime she asked, "Who are they. The child and the woman?"

Wanda noticed that Howard's eyes had gotten moist. He was avoiding her eyes. He kept looking down at his drink and mumbled something which wasn't clear to her. Finally, he looked up at her.

"No one. They are no one" he said. Without saying anything further he walked away. Wanda looked at him go but didn't stop him.

The party rolled on. Wanda was feeling out of element so she stayed by the bar. Soon she was joined by Natasha, who also looked tired. Natasha pulled a bar stool and sat near Wanda. "Not joining the party?"

"Only thing I need is my sleep."

Natasha laughed. "Tell me about it."

"How's the clinic?"

"It's going great. But keeping it above water has always been a challenge."

Wanda nodded sipping her alcohol.

"I'm leaving early. What about you?" asked Natasha.

Wanda looked around to notice only a handful of people were left. Her brother would no-way leave a party early. She told him that she is leaving. She and Natasha bid goodnight to others and left the Stark Tower.

The night wore on and only four people were left. Coulson and Tony were talking to each other. On the couch, Pietro was talking to Steve. Both of them were drinking.

"Old man, there is something I got to tell you" Pietro slurred.

"What is it kid?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I say it."

"Try me"

"That's what Wanda too said last night." he laughed. Suddenly his face straightened, "Where's Wanda?" He looked around.

"She left with Natasha."

"Ohh yeah. I forgot. Anyway, about last night. I was in this bar with my buddy Thompson. I will introduce you to him sometime. Kind of a jerk but cute though" he smiled remembering Thompson. "Okay, we were driving through the city. That's when we heard a man screamed. We stopped the car and ran out. We saw this creature ripping the man apart. When it saw us, it ran towards me ready to attack. But Thompson had his gun and shot it three times. Bam. Bam. Bam. It then disappeared. More like turned to dust and mixed with the air" he blurted the whole story.

"Do you believe me?"

"I do kid. Now let's get you to bed."

"See you believe me; my sister believes me but my S.O doesn't. He is all like. I'm Agent Grant Ward. I can solve this case by myself with my eyes closed while you take a day off" he imitated Ward and passed out on the couch.

Pietro woke up in the middle of the night. He heard some murmuring. His head was spinning and he can't make out what is being said. He heard two people talking in hushed tones. After sometime, his head cleared a bit, he was able to make out what they said.

"We need to do something about the feral problem. It's getting out of hand."

"Call the council for an urgent meeting. We will come up with a sturdy plan. I'm tired of cleaning another's mess"

"I'm talking about doing something right now. We thought that no humans saw the feral. But"

"He saw?"

A cold sweat started forming on Pietro's body. They are talking about me Pietro thought.

"Are you sure, Steve?"

One of them is Steve. But how does he know that I saw the feral. Then it hit him that he had blabbered while drinking. He wanted to stay awake. He wanted to hear more but his alcohol muddled system didn't allow him to. He tried to listen more but felt his eyes drooping. He dozed off.

*****

I hope the chapter was nice. If you like it leave vote and comment!