13. The Good, The Bad and The Rebel

Pietro struggled against the hold of Stane who was surprising strong. It is too late Pietro. That was second time in his life Pietro was ready for the inevitable. He thought he was going to die. His eyes blurred and everything looked cloudy. He was losing control over his body. Suddenly, he felt air rush into his lungs. He dropped to his knees coughing as he took huge gulps of air.

He saw a man attacking Stane. Pietro wasn't sure where the man came from. The new comer was an amazing fighter; he ducked every punches and attacks thrown at him. He was able to hold his ground against Stane with his one goof arm Though Pietro was sure this man wasn't hum he was awestruck by his fighting skills. Pietro hid behind his car and watched the on-going fight. Stane lifted the other man and threw him across the road who did a flip in the air and landed on his legs. The man growled back at Stane revealing his sharp canine. Pietro wondered what the fuck is happening there. A car turned the corner and drove towards the scene with high speed. Pietro felt a relief as he noticed that it was Natasha's car.

The car came to a stop near them and Natasha and Steve stepped out. When she bared her teeth, he was filled with a mixture of shock, relief and fear. Fuck, they all are vampire he thought to himself.

"Fuck, I am gonna die in twilight" he muttered

Natasha leaped over the roof of Pietro's car and landed on the other side. Steve's eyes fell on the man fighting Stane.

"Bucky?" he breathed. The man turned at the mention of his name. He hasn't been called that for almost eighty years. Stane used this opportunity to free himself from Bucky and ran into the night. Natasha was hot on his heels. Another car came into the street and stopped near Pietro's. Pietro turned to see Wanda, stepping out. He ran towards the car and hugged her. The twins braced each other tightly.

"We should get you out of here" urged Wanda

"I don't think we can" said Coulson

Wanda and Pietro looked around and saw shadows lurking in the dark. The three of them stood close to each other.

"Our only chance of survival is them" Coulson pointed out the two men who were still shouting angrily at each other. Wanda looked up to see Steve arguing with another man. He felt familiar. She had seen him before she thought. He was the man with red eyes who came in her dream. Once the thought hit her, she noticed all the familiar features. The long hair was tucked behind his ears. He was missing one arm elbow down. She wasn't able to see his eyes in the street light but was sure the pupils were red.

Wanda called out to them but her words fell on deaf ears. They were preoccupied with themselves. So, she physically separated them to warn them about the impending danger. The contact pulled her into new vision. It happening again she though. She felt the surrounding dissociating around her. Everything blurred. It became dark; then the light came again. But she wasn't in the road anymore. She was standing in an old house. She looked around desperately to find out where she is but got no clue. The only other person in the room was the new man she saw moments before.

The man was sitting in the sofa of his living room. He was different. He had shorter hair and had soft features. Whatever misfortune that resulted in him losing his arm hasn't happened yet. Early morning light filled the room. He was having a mail in his hand. His face suggested that the mail has brought bad news. He set the letter on the table and Wanda inched closer. She read the name 'James Buchanan Barnes' on the envelope. He leaned back on the sofa and had his eyes closed.

Wanda looked at the small framed photo on the lampstand. She took a closer look. It was a photo of Steve with this other man. In scrawny handwriting it was written 'Steve loves Bucky'.

Wanda noticed that Bucky got up and walked to the kitchen. She followed him. He set up a simple breakfast for two on the table.

"Morning handsome" Bucky heard a sleepy voice. Bucky turned around to see Steve standing in the doorway of the bedroom. He was half naked. Bucky eyes travelled down from Steve's face to his crotch taking it all in. Steve was enjoying the attention from his lover. He smiled giddily and walked to Bucky.