26. Closure

Hello fam! Final chapter here! I hope you like it. Sorry in advance for the ass long chapter. 

*****

Coulson found Thompson training in the combat room with Agent Barbera Morse.

"Bobbi, I would like to have private conversation with Thompson over here" he announced looking at her. She gave a nod to the director as she went out.

"I think, it's better if we take a seat" Coulson said pointed to the rest bench in the side. Thompson nodded uneasily. He didn't like Coulson's tone and dreaded what he might hear.

As he sat down, Coulson continued, "I'm sorry Jack. We lost Pietro in the field."

"No. It can't be true" he shouted. He looked at Coulson with tear filled eyes. "No" he repeated.

"I know you and Pietro were close. I'm sorry for your loss" Coulson repeated.

Thompson sat there petrified not responding. Suddenly his head started throbbing and his heart rate increased and felt the room closing in on him. He clutched his head in his hand and repeated no several times. It can't be true he thought. He spoke with Pietro on the phone last night. Tears threatened to escape his eyes. He excused himself and ran to an empty locker room. He kneeled near the bench clutching its edge. He closed his eyes and let the tears roll down his cheeks.

.....

Steve called the council for the hearing of Rumlow and his men. The four remaining council members gathered at the temple to decide on the fate of Rumlow. Natasha and Steve produced proofs of their activities. Jiaying thoroughly went through the videos and documents and looked at Steve.

"I agree that Rumlow put everyone in danger but so did you and Tony. I say justice be served for all."

"What Steve and Tony did was wrong by the old rules. I say we change them" Natasha spoke up in their favour.

"And let the city run amok with ferals?"

"Steve and Tony's intention were never to create ferals. They saved people. Rumlow and Stane purposefully changed humans into vampires and denied them 'Drought of Frost blood.' These two acts can't be compared."

"Accepting their action will allow others to repeat it. "

"I completely disagree. I think you should talk to the clan-less leader himself. No one is a better person to talk about it." Steve said.

.....

Bucky had arrived at the temple few minutes before the meeting. He looked at the magnificent structure in front of him. He had frequented it few times while spying on the council. But he was still awestruck by its beauty. He walked to it and looked at the intricate carvings on the wall. The stories of the first vampire and ancient vampires were carved into it. He slowly placed his fingertips on the carving and traced it. He saw the carving of Loki and his rule. It must have been a prosperous time he thought. He circled the temple studying each carving. Each small piece of work was rich in design. He heard the sound of car from front of the temple. He made his way round temple and saw Natasha making her way in.

Seeing Bucky, she stopped in her tracks and turned to him. She gave a small smile which he returned.

"I will show you the adjacent room. You can wait there till we talk to Jiaying" she offered.

Bucky nodded his head and followed her. The walls on both the side of the corridor was painted in lush colours. Most of the paintings were of Loki and his followers. He spotted a familiar face in the painting.

"Were you there when Loki ruled?"

"I was his second-in-command"

"Must have been good times."