9. Broken Trust

The next day Pietro woke up with a heavy head. His head felt like it was being beaten with a hammer. He got up and looked around to realize that he had fallen asleep during the after party in Tony's couch. He didn't remember much of it except there was lot of alcohol. He strained his mind to bring back some memories but couldn't. He just sat there thinking, when Steve called out.

"Morning kid."

Pietro turned around. Steve was wearing a blue suit and matched it with a blue tie. He was dressed like he was heading out. Pietro looked at the time. Shit I'm late he thought. He had promised Thompson he will be early. His mind suddenly made the connections. Thompson. Feral attack. Alcohol. Steve. Natasha. He did hear Steve talking about him to Natasha. He thought some good might come out of it. Natasha was indeed a Level 6 agent. She can direct the case towards the right side but what if she is angry that he had blabbered.

"Steve, where's Natasha?"

"She left with Wanda last night."

"Oh.. yeah okay." She was back here his mind screamed. Did she come back or is my head messed up?

"Get home safe, kid" said Steve as he walked out.

Pietro hurried form Stark Tower to his home. Throughout his ride home he kept thinking about last night. The more he thought the surer he was that it is Natasha. But he couldn't make up the whole conversation between the two. He got ready and left to the base. When Pietro entered, the agents was eerily silent. The usual buzz of the day wasn't seen. Most of them worked silently. Some hushed conversations were happening here and there. Ward found him and asked him to meet with him and Thompson.

"I'm sorry for being late-"

"It doesn't matter sit down"

Pietro saw that Thompson, Khan and Keller were already in debriefing room. They were standing near the halo table. Even Thompson was missing his dick persona he thought. Is this about last night? His blabbering had landed him and Thompson in trouble he thought but why was Khan and Keller here.

"We got the forensic report. The teeth, it belongs to a woman named Raina"

Pietro would have never believed what he heard if he hasn't seen the feral with his own eyes couple of days ago. He sat there dumb folded. The teeth which looked longer than human's canine belonged to a woman. She has to be the feral. Something might have happened for her to change into a creature like that. What could possibly make a human change into that he thought.

"I talked with Agent Hand. She agreed that complete investigation has to be carried out. Agent Khan and Agent Keller will be joining us."

Ward continued, "Four of you track down this woman. Find the reason behind the feral attack."

The four men nodded and walked out. Khan and Keller went to lab to work with Dr. Benson. Pietro and Thompson searched for her latest activity.

"Suddenly, she has gone completely MIA" said Thompson seeing the computer screen.

"It's near impossible for a commoner to escape detection for long."

"Her activities before disappearance might give some clue."

Pietro changed the algorithm and searched for her before the disappearance. "Everything seems normal. Caught up few stores and couple traffic cameras."

"Let's investigate further. I will go to her work place and you meet her family."

Pietro and Thompson rushed out of the base. While Thompson went to Stark industries, Pietro went to meet Raina's family. He enquired her friends and relatives trying to place her. But there was no trail. No clue to find out what happened to her. No one noticed anything out of place. It was as if she had vanished. Vanished. He thought about the creature that tried to attack him. It vanished when Thompson shot at it. More like it dusted. If that is Raina then she is not a threat anymore he thought. He has to dig deeper. After investigating he caught up with Thompson for lunch.