23. Natalia Romanova

Natasha used a wire she had hidden in her boots to pick the lock. It took her sometime but she was successful. The group sneaked out of the execution room. The factory was engulfed in darkness as there was no one around. Their plan to quietly escape the place went downhill when a man walked in. Seeing them, he pulled the fire alarm alerting other.

Natasha who was closer to him, jumped and came down on him. She used the broken wood like a stake and sent it right through his heart. He screamed as he turned to dust.

"What's the plan?" asked Pietro.

"Don't die" she said to the everyone. Pietro looked at Steve and Tony with raised eyebrows. They just shrugged and followed her.

Hearing the alarm, two of them came running. Natasha drove the stake into the oncoming women's torso. She screamed and tried to claw Natasha. Tony plunged his stake into her chest ending her. Steve caught the second one by his neck; lifted him and slammed him down on the ground. The vampire pulled Steve down with him. He got above Steve and started throwing punches as Steve struggled to recover. He laid there helpless and the stake was pulled away from his hand. As the thug was about to drive the stake through Steve's heart, Pietro plunged his stake into the thug who turned to dust and settled down on Steve.

Pietro helped Steve to his feet. "Don't die, old man."

Hearing the commotion many vampires who were loitering around the factory rushed in.

"You three aren't ready for the fight. Stay back."

"No-" Steve started but shut his mouth when Natasha gave a frown.

Natasha ran through the incoming assailants with a broken wood in each of her hand; slashing through them. She caught two of them and hit their skull against each other, dropping them to the floor. Another one jumped on her back and crushed her throat. Natasha moved back and hit her against the machinery repeatedly till her grip loosened. She grabbed her arms and ripped it off her socket. As she screamed in agony, Natasha drove the skate through the vampire's heart. Four thugs have surrounded the others. She ran towards them and leaped in a perfect arc landing between the Rumlow's men and her friends. She drove her stake through the man's mouth.

"Never call me or any other woman sugar again" she spat at his face. She caught another vampire by his collar and slammed her knee into his stomach. She removed the stake from the first vampire's skull and plunged it into his chest. The moment he turned to dust she took the stake and finished off the first one who was staggering and whimpering in pain.

Natasha saw Steve and Tony fighting against two vampires. Tony was not a fighter and Steve was weak right now. She jumped on the shoulder of one and twisted his head. She used all her strength to rip it from his neck. She saw Tony staked the other one.

"I killed him. I killed a vampire" he announced proudly looking at others.

"We can celebrate later. Let's get out of here before more comes."

The four of them ran towards the exit when a woman with a bottle of beer walked by. Seeing them she shouted, "See Kara, who decided to break out of prison." The vampire who had shot Natasha in her tights before walked to the front.

"I knew you would escape, Nat."

Natasha bared her teeth and drew the two stakes in front of her. The first girl ran towards Natasha but was met by the stake. She instantly got dusted. Kara threw the beer bottle at Natasha who ducked. She threw an upper punch which Natasha blocked easily. Kara kicked Natasha in the stomach which made her stagger backwards. Natasha recovered and ran towards Kara. She skidded and slashed Kara's foot with the stake. Kara screamed. Natasha got up and threw a stake at her. Kara moved so it barely grazed her shoulder as it sailed past her. Kara advanced throwing a punch but Natasha bent backwards to escape the attack. Natasha caught Kara's arm and twisted it behind her back. Kara responded by smashing her head into Natasha's face. When Natasha's grip loosened, Kara broke free and kicked Natasha square on her jaw. She threw a punch after punch taking the chance to have upper hand. Natasha was still fazed from the kick to block the punches.

"S.T.A.K.E. ABONDANDED. ME" Kara shouted punctuating each word with a punch. "NO BACK UP CAME. I BECAME WHAT I FOUGHT" she continued. Natasha reeled back and hit old metal sign board. She gripped it and pulled it with all her power. Natasha drove the old metal rod into Kara's mid-section.

Kara's next words were caught in her throat as she was overcome with pain. She tried to pull it out but Natasha maintained her grip on the rod and drove it even further. Steve called to Natasha as he threw a stake to her. She caught it and pressed it to Kara's chest.

"We never abandoned you. No one ever said a vampire couldn't be an agent" Natasha said and drove it into Kara's chest.

The satisfaction of ending the fight lasted only a second. They saw two new vans arriving with Rumlow's men. Natasha looked at the other, "Anybody got any plans? Now would be the better time to tell" she sighed.

"Bucky?" breathed Steve.

"We don't have time for your boy crush" sassed Tony.

"No, there." Steve pointed.

*****

Thanks for reading. Please leave a vote.