Epilogue

"Pietro has been an integral part of my life even before we were born. We shared the womb and when we entered the world, we shared every life experiences. Be it happiness. Sorrow. Anger. He was the one person who was there for me in every step. My parents used to say the story of us learning to walk. We used to hold each other's hand and try walking but always stumbled down. But that didn't prevent us from doing that. We fell down so many times but always got up. We have come a long way." Wanda gave a small chuckle looking back at their memories.

"We have been total opposites since our childhood. He had always had a carefree way of life while I was the serious one. But mysteriously we barely fought. We stood united every single day. He was my support. My pillar. We lost our parents few years ago but we always had each other's back. I always thought that would be permanent. We were here to stay. I never imagined a day would come where we don't have each other. But it seems there was another plan for us." Fresh tears were streaming down her face as she spoke. She wiped her eyes as she continued.

"Only a few days ago I learnt of his contribution to the society. I came to know who he really was and nothing could have made me prouder than that. I deeply miss him and this hole in my heart won't disappear anytime soon for I will always remember and mourn him. I owe it to my brother for who I'm today. I am grateful that I got be his sibling" she finished her eulogy. "Goodbye, Pietro" she said the last two words to herself.

Tears were streaming down Wanda's face. She wiped it and got away from the mic. She saw Steve crying silently in the first row. Natasha had a hand on his shoulder consoling him. Coulson walked to the grave stone first and placed a Level 2 agent badge. S.T.A.K.E. agents who she had never seen in her life before paid their homage to Pietro. Coulson expressed his condolences to Wanda. Thompson walked up to her and tried to speak up but words didn't come out. They hugged each other and cried on each other's shoulders.

Bucky and his clan members placed a white rose on the tombstone. Others followed them and paid respect to Pietro. Wanda and Steve were the last ones remaining. Wanda sat near Steve and placed her hand in his knees.

He looked at her with tears in his eyes, "I haven't known him for long. But I will miss him"

"He has that effect on people" Wanda said. She herself was crying.

"He always called me an old man."

"That's what he called our dad."

They held each other and sat there in silence under the moonlight. There are no words to fill the void. Just two souls mourning another.