The Event.

A bright, cold, dark day it was, bright because of the daylight, it was cloudy and not with the stingy sensation, the open ground allowed the air to pass and for that reason it was cold, it was windy but in a comforting way, it was soothing to breath, peaceful to feel and it felt cool in a no other way, but it was dark too, not the daylight or the brightness of it canceled the darkness that day had, it was not soothing, the darkness was in a limit, not to much which would have consumed them, meant in a way, it could consume them all in it but it wasn't active at that time, the job and chores had them consumed but their minds didn't let off the guards of the senses, they had their self all over the place, keeping an eye on every single act of anyone and everyone, Siddharth was standing facing the block, it was decorated with all the sorts of tingly yellow fairy lights, a warm atmosphere it felt, it was cozy, but only from the outside, Daarjee along with his wife had left for the formal introduction and meetings, Sooraj and Payal, connected through the wires of communication had already left for that block, he just kept staring at the lights, it was bright to say, the whole day was, and in the night, it was still bright, the stars were not seen due to the lightening and he, standing there, in a black pathani and jutti, did nothing, but making the night more warm and more cozy, it was just yellow, and then he heard, the door lock behind him click, turning around, he saw what was there to be seen, and all the colours came floating in his mind in a firework style would be an understatement.

Earlier before this night, Daarjee and Bijee told them that they had to attend the celebration of the reputed Governor of the sector, they had passes of VVIPs and that ain't a small deal, it was big, not for the elderly couple but for the other four, they knew that governor and his place would be exceptional, they can get lots of things to cope up with, not being their professional selves, Daarjee and Bijee had asked the other four to join them in this celebration and they did as their own family.

Daarjee: bacho.... maine poonchna tha kuch..???

They all were having dinner, engrossed in the savory taste, few licking their fingers and others eating it like anything, it was true that there were only 6 people in total, but still, it felt full, complete, and done for all of them, losing the contact with the food, Siddharth looked at him, his own father, but in pretense to be his Daarjee at the moment, what else to do, the man in front of him had an aura which spoke volume, Siddharth often finds himself gulping seeing him in anger, no doubt he's a lovely man, but Siddharth can never help with his dry throat, Shehnaaz had noticed that many times but she doesn't know the real and relation they both share and the reason behind his that act, and the other two honestly, are much involved in themselves, coming to it, Siddharth looked at his father and asked him to continue.

Siddharth: boliye....!!!

Daarjee: ek invite hai...

A silence, not in the honor of the man, well they do respect him a lot, but right now, it was in the honor of the much awaited invite for them all, the food rush by all had now been stopped and all eyes on Daarjee.