Chapter Nine.

I arrived at Cat-co earlier than Cat.  Katie says quietly in my arms while I waited for my boss to arrive. "Kara, what are you doing here?" Cat asked. She waved at Katie when she saw her. "I gave you the week off."

"I know, and I'm grateful for that, but here is the thing," Kara said.

"You need more time, how much?" Cat asked.

"No, I don't need more time, I just..." Kara paused trying to find the right words. They were the only people in this early so she had the perfect opportunity.

"Come on spit it out Kara," Cat said. Kara placed her daughter down on the couch. She took off her glasses and looked Cat straight in the face.

"I'm Supergirl, and she has the same powers as me," Kara said. Cats nodded for her to continue. "She can't control them and there is this really nice school in Virginia for her to go to, so what I came here to say was that I am leaving." Kara said.

"Why Virginia?" Cat asked. "There are plenty of schools here for her." Kara sighed.

"This school is for people born with supernatural abilities, or people or became someone with supernatural abilities," Kara said.

"Oh," Cat nodded. "How can you become supernatural?" Kara shook her head.

"That is something I don't know, but what I do know is I need a press conference to announce as Supergirl that I am leaving." Kara said.

"I will set one up for tomorrow," Cat said.

"Thank you Cat, thank you so much!" Kara said excitedly. She walked over to the couch and picked her daughter up.

"Oh and Kara," Cat called.

"Yeah?" She said, turning towards Cat.

"For what it's worth, you were the best assistant I ever had, and I am truly going to miss you." She said.

"Thanks Cat, I'm really going to miss you too." Kara replied with a smile beaming from ear to ear.

"Go conquer Virginia..." Cat paused. "...Supergirl."