Chapter Twelve.

𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙧.
(𝙇𝙚𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙇-𝘾𝙤𝙧𝙥.)
-
Lena sat at her desk, staring at a bottle of scotch. Kara would be leaving today. She had it marked it on a piece of paper that was stuck to a picture of the pair. She had avoided Kara for the last two weeks after her offer. Every text Kara sent, every call she made, every attempt to see her, was ignored and dismissed. She knew that she missed saying the early goodbye to Kara. Kara would surely stop by later, Lena was sure of it. She thought of how good the scotch would taste. Before she could grab the bottle and pour herself a glass, there was a small knock at the door. "Come in," She said softly. It was Alex.

"So this is what you've been doing all day?" She asked in a slightly bitter tone.

"I have not had a drop of alcohol yet, so calm your horses!" Lena replied.

"My horses are calmed, I'm here to see you." She said calmly.

"Why?" Lena asked. "Shouldn't you all be saying goodbye to Kara?" Alex's face dropped and it was not unnoticed by Lena. "What?"

"She's already gone, she left two hours earlier then she was supposed to." Lena's eyes glassed over.

"Oh, I didn't know." Lena said. "I guess I missed saying goodbye."

"She didn't already say goodbye to you?" Alex asked. Lena shook her head. "She told me she did."

"Well she lied," Lena said in a tone of pain. "I didn't really give her the chance, I was avoiding her and I was gonna go down but I just didn't."

"I could smack you right now," Alex said. Lena nodded.

"I won't stop you," She said.

"I'm not going to smack you, but I will if you don't do the right thing." Alex said.

"And what would that be?" She asked.

"Go to them." Lens looked up at her in surprise.

"How, they're already gone." Lena said. Alex rolled her eyes.

"You know for a scientist, you aren't that smart." Lena slapped her arm. "Ow!"

"That was rude." Lena said firmly.

"Get your ass in a plane and fly to Virginia." That's when it hit her. She hated what she did to Kara. She needed to go.

~
After a 6 hour plane ride, she had arrived at The Salvatore Boarding school for people with supernatural abilities.

"You're not Kara, are you?" A young blonde asked her.

"No, but I'm here for her." She replied. "Do you know where she lives?" Lena asked. The blonde nodded and showed her the house that was connected to the school. "Thank you." Lena said.

"No problem, and I'm Lizzie by the way." Lena nodded.

"I'm Lena, and don't tell her I'm here," She said. "It's a surprise."