Arrival

Lucas' POV

Hi I'm Lucas Greene. I just moved from California to here in Gold Coast Australia. I haven't met many friends and I'm still adjusting to school. I have lived with a big secret. I'm a merman. In California while my family was busy I started to explore. I found this cave with a pool of water. It was so pretty. I decided to take a dip in. But then something magical happened. I became a merman. 

I got to say it is really hard to keep a secret for 7 years without telling my family that I'm a merman. Hopefully I can still keep here in Australia. *Dives down into ocean* I decided to explore these waters since this would be my new home.

Cleo's POV

*Walks down stairs*. "Cleo!",  her father calls.

"What is it dad?", Cleo asks.

"There is a letter for you", he responds.

"From who?"

"Guess you'll have to open it up and see", he says with a slight grin.

Cleo grabs the letter and heads back upstairs to read it. Before she gets to her room Kim walks out of hers. 

"What is that", Kim asks?

"Just a letter to me", Cleo responds.

"From who?"

"I don't know' she says. "Now move"

Kim walks down the stairs while Cleo gets on her bed. *Tears open the envelope and reads the letter* Her eyes start to get wide and she starts to smile. She calls Rikki. 

*Rikki picks up* "hey Cleo, what's up?"

"It's Emma" Cleo says.

"Where she now?"

"No not that, she is coming back!" Cleo says back.

"Really?"

"Yeah" Cleo says. "I can't wait to see her".

"I know right? It's been a while, but what are we going to tell Bella. And Will? We never told them about Emma". Rikki responds. "What if they get mad at us?"

"I think we should tell them".

"Well duh". Rikki says. "But when? Does it say when she is going to be back?"

"It just says soon" Cleo says.

"Well then I guess we should tell them before she actually gets here".

"Yeah I agree".

*They meet up and walk to Will's place. They were guessing Bella might be there* And they were right.

"Hey", Bella and Will say.

"Hi" Cleo says. "We need to talk". *Will starts to get up.* "You too Will".

"Ok we are here so talk" Bella says.

"Well, Um" Cleo looks at Rikki.

Rikki sighs. "Well before ya'll both came, we had another friend. Her name was Emma and she was a mermaid too. She was transformed with us." Rikki says.

"WHAT!??" Will and Bella exclaim. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Well she left to go explore the world with her family and we didn't know she would be coming back this soon." Cleo says, feeling guilty.

"Wait she's coming back?!" Bella asks.

"Yeah" Rikki says. "I guess we missed that detail."

"When is she coming?" Bella asks.

"Soon is all she said" Cleo replies. 

"WHY didn't you tell us about her?" Bella says.

"We're sorry" Cleo says. 

"Hmph". Bella thinks. What will happen to me when Emma gets back? Will I get kicked out of the group. Maybe I should give this Emma girl a try. Then she thought again. What if she doesn't like me? 

"Bella we're sorry we didn't tell you. But you won't be kicked out of the group."

Bella's shocked. Did they just read my mind  "It's fine"

*Cleo's phone rings. She answers.* "Hello...What?........What is it?........Ok I'll be over soon."

"Guys I got to get back. My dad needs me."

"Ok bye Cleo" Will, Bella, and Rikki say.

As Cleo walks back home she thinks. I can't wait to see Emma! I wonder when she will get back. I hope she'll understand about Bella. She doesn't always take things well. Cleo sighs. When she gets home and opens the door she says "Dad I'm back! What did you ne..?!" Cleo's jaw drops.

"EMMA!!!"