Chapter 22

Dana's POV

I know Tae is at home stressing about Jungkook. I know we are family but they are closer than real brothers. While I wait with the judge to hear any news from the judge, I send Mrs. Park and Jin to go get Tae.

Text

Dana: Jin and Mrs. Park are coming to get you. I don't want you alone right now.

Tae: Good I would rather be with you at the office.

Dana: I don't think that is a good idea. The judge and I are waiting on the officer that came to the house so she can be interviewed. They are going to take you to their home until I'm done.

Tae: I want to be there when he is brought back. I want him to know I did everything I could for him. I won't be in the way I swear, I just don't want to be away from you right now.

Dana: I will have them bring you here.

I hope I didn't make a bad decision. I know how hard it is when you have to face someone that wronged you. Looking at this woman again is going to be hard for him. She was a bad example of womankind. She had the kind of reputation that told me she would be buying her husband from an auction house and I am already scared for the man.

It feels like the judge and I have been waiting for hours on the officer to be brought in. The judge is visibly agitated at the thought that someone altered her warrant after she signed it. It is an international offense punishable by up to ten years. That is separate from whatever other charges you get for whatever other laws you break with it. Not long after I finished texting Tae a very somber-faced deputy Marshall knocked on the door.

Deputy Marshall: Your honor we have found her. Where would you like her?
the judge pointed to a directly in front of her desk.

Nodding the marshalls bring her in and place her in the chair and cuff her to it, then take a small step back. Close enough to grab her if she decides to try anything.

Officer Johnson: No disrespect your honor but was this really necessary?
Looking at the officer she appeared to be full of righteous indignation.

I am sure if it was because she is innocent or because she was caught.

Judge: Oh trust me when I tell you all offense is taken. WHO THE HELL do you think you are?!?! Going into the home of one of my attorney's and arresting her husband with an altered and not properly filed warrant.
The officer smirked and the judge.

The judge practically had smoke coming out her ears looking at the officer. I have never seen her this upset before. This judge is known for her fair, calm, unbiased, and professional manner.

Officer Johnson: I wasn't aware the warrant hadn't hit the system correctly. I had a job to do, and no one is above the law.
Her eyes held contempt and malice as she looked at me while speaking to the judge.

Judge: The warrant you brought me to sign was for a woman wanted on tax evasion charges.
The judge was shooting daggers at her with her eyes as Johnson smiled at her.

Officer Johnson: I knew you wouldn't sign it if you knew I wanted to get Jungkook.
Now she was sneering at the judge with her hate-filled eyes.

Officer Johnson: Your office took his word over my aunts and believed that she assaulted him. Did it ever occur to you that men lie and he was lying? You froze her accounts and banded her from re-marrying based on the word of what amounts to a hormonal child that was upset she didn't want him.
By then end, she was screaming at the judge and breathing like she ran a marathon.