Part 4

Clarissa pushed the album off her lap and stood up to pace once again.

"How are we dating?! Aren't you in love with Lily or something?" Clarissa blurted out as she faced James.

When Sirius began laughing like a madman and James' disgusted face, she knew something was wrong.

"Why would I be in love with Evans?" questioned James as he swatted Sirius to make him stop laughing.

"Yeah Clar, is that something else you forgot? James and Evans annoy each other to the point of death, there's no way they could even be a thing." Sirius assured her once he stopped laughing.

Clarissa ran a hand through her hair in frustration, "But, but how- What's gonna happen now if Harry isn't born? I mean yeah one less horcrux, but how will they stop Voldemort if there's no prophecy? He'll never go into hiding now. Oh, this isn't good."

The mood in the room turned somber at the mention of Voldemort. Fleamont grabbed the girl by her hand to stop her from pacing.

"Clarissa, I need you to calm down and listen to me. What are you talking about? How do you know about Horcruxes?"

"It's part of the story," She replied meekly, "To ensure his immortality, Voldemort created horcruxes. I think there's five right now, he's supposed to make two others, but I guess that won't happen... anymore? I don't know, me being here probably messed up the timeline."

Fleamont looked towards Euphemia, the adults having a silent conversation before speaking again, "We have to let Dumbledore know."

Clarissa made a quick grab at his wrist preventing him from moving, "No, please, you can't!"

Everyone in the room looked at her like she grew two heads. Of course, everyone in this room blindly trusted the man, so did she of course, but that was before she read all those things online.

"Before you get him, I want to be able to explain everything to you all first, and then we can decide how we proceed. I'm not going to do that whole cliché thing where I keep information to myself because I'm trying to protect you, I'm positive we're all capable." Clarissa explained to them.

Another silent conversation occurred between the couples before relenting to Clarissa's wishes. They all sat back down again and let Clarissa tell the story of the Wizarding World. She told them of the important things, like who Harry was and how Voldemort created his horcruxes and how he was defeated, but she censored a few things like who betrayed the Potters, Sirius going to Azkaban, and how Dumbledore was setting up their future grandson for slaughter. Those things she can try her damnedest to change and telling them will only plant seeds of doubt in their heads and make things worse. Unfortunately, she had to tell them about James' demise. There was a lot of yelling and tears after that, but James was uncharacteristically quiet.

Clarissa placed a hand on his and used her other to grab his face so he would look at her. The action caused James to lean his head on her hand, her thumb softly caressing his cheek.

"Hey," James' hazel eyes found her blue-green ones, "I swear on my life and magic that nothing will happen to you, understand?"

"And I to you," James replied solemnly.

A soft light began to glow between the two teens, making Clarissa gasp in confusion.

"Did you two invoke a bond?! Clarissa, I understand forgot our customs, but James you know how serious those are!" Fleamont reprimanded.

James grabbed Clarissa's hand and intertwined them and looked up to Fleamont defiantly, "Dad, I don't and will not regret anything I said. You know Clara's the one for me, always has been since I met her. If I didn't do it today, I would've done it on our wedding day."