5. Watcher tower

.____.

Grian woke up, but he didn't open his eyes. He still felt the Gem's cold touch on his wirst. Grian was covered all over in cold sweat. He shakily sat up and opened his eyes. There was no fire and no Watchers. Everything was normal. Except Grian. His wings had again unhid themselves.

Grian looked at his wirst and if he alredy was scared, now he was terryfied. There, on his left wirst, was a purple Watcher mark looking little bit like a burn. B-but how. How did they do this. They can't access this world, right. The protection spell takes care of that. But if - if they try use me? Grian started to walk around. What if they try to use me to hurt the other hermits. If they use me to- no they can't, right? Now there was jolts of magic around Grian and his eyes glowed full purple and his halo appeared. Grian's Watcher mark started to glow and suddendly a wave of magic went trough the server.

Shit shit shit shit SHIT. They wanted me to panic so that would break the protection spell. How was I so dumb? I would escape to another world so Watchers would leave hermits alone, but if they don't? I need to stay here to protect the hermits from- Grian was cut of from his thoughts by his buzzing communicator.

<ZombieCleo> You guys felt that?

<MumboJumbo> Yeah pretty strange

<Stressmonster101> Yep

<Xisuma> I will check if that was a some kind of bug

<GoodTimeWithScar> Hey guys come to shopping district

<GoodTimeWithScar> You wom't belive what I found

<GoodTimeWithScar> eon't*

<GoodTimeWithScar> won't*

<GoodTimeWithScar> Dammit

<Xisuma> Hey that thing wasn't a bug and I don't know what it was.

Shit.

×××××××

Grian was one of the lastest hermits to arrive. It took a bit of time from him to calm down and hide his Watcher form.

Hermits were around something and Grian didn't even need to see what it was, he was quite sure that he knows what it is. The dirty blond still tried to go trough tha crowd of hermis. He wasn't very tall so he would see over the crowd and it would look supicious him not to be curious about what Scar had found.

There, in the middle of the crowd, was a Watcher mark made out of bedrock. Bad memories flooded back in Grian's mind. Those meories sent shivers trough Grian's spine.

"What is it?" Grian heard Iskall asking. "Maybe this thing and that the thing that happened earlier has some kind of connection," said X this time. He watched to the back of the mark. "Hey, there is some signs. It says: 'Srtaight to the north need you to go, then answers to your questions you will know.'" Everyone was quiet. Some looked exited, some concerned. "I think we go north then." Grian took off. "Last is a poisonous potato!" he screamed from the distance trying to be cheery.

×××××××

As such a spoon Mumbo is, he forgot to put his elytra on. So he was last to arrive to the Watcher tower. Grian was naturally first to arrive. He felt that strange feeling in his stomach when he looked at the familiar tower.

"Grian are you okay?" Grian heard Mumbo saying, snapping out of his toughts. "You look worried." Grian looked at Mumbo, but didn't make an eye contact. "Uh...it's nothing...I'm fine." Mumbo nodded to Grian. "If you say so," he said and went towarts Iskall.

"This isn't his style. Usually he would be interested about something like this. That tower is built very well and it looks like it can hold thousands of mysteries, but Grian looks like he wants as far as possible from that tower," Iskall said to Mumbo. "Yeh you're right. There is something off about him."

"I quess that we can go in," said Xisuma and walking towards the tower, other hermits following him. Grian went in last, he didn't want to be there any longer that he needed to be.

X walked in the middle of the room and picked up a book that was on an item frame. "I think that this will give some answers," Xisuma started to read.

"'Legend of the Watchers

When Universe was born, first thing they did, was writing the time. After that, Universe created a world and players to live there. They made players to be able to create new worlds. Those players were the first admins. Whenever an admin created a new world, Universe would add new players to the world, if the admin wanted to.

Life in the worlds were peaceful, until the players started to fight with each other. Universe wanted to solve the problem. They created the Wachers, who would look over the servers. Players were thankful to the Watchers, who stopped the wars. Watchers started to give gifts to players and they would punish players who wouldn't behive.

Players saw the Watchers as greatness, who would stop wars and bring peace. Sometimes Watchers would take players from their worlds and train them to Watchers, if they saw potential on them. Those players were loyal to Watcers and honored to join them.

Unfortunetly there one player, that didn't like Watchers and they had taken from their world to train they to be a Watcher. Watchers wanted to show they, how incredible job Watchers did. The player didn't still like the job Watchers did and they betrayed the Watchers.

But to this day, Watchers still do their job and are honored to take care of your world. They had left you gifts on the second floor of this tower.'"

Grian was shoked, even tought he didn't show it to others. He didn't belive that Watchers described themselves like some kind of gods and himsef as the bad guy of this story. And of course they had to leave gifts to the hermis to trust they more.

"I think that if there is gifts for us upstairs, we should propably go there get them," Cleo said while looking at the stairs that would lead to the second floor. Grian was a bit confuced that there was no parkour or something among those lines to make it harder to get to the second floor like they have done before.

Hermits started to head to upstairs where there was a chest for every hermit. Everyone exept Grian wanted to see what they got. Grian still went to his chest and took deep, silent inhale before opened the chest. What was inside scared Grian. There was something that Grian didnt want to see again. There was his Watcher mask.

.___.

(word count: 1105)

(A/N: every time i update there is more words and updating takes longer. I also write this always on the middle of the night and now its 2.00 am WHAT IS WRONG WHIT ME)