{ 𝟐 }

Shin sat, legs dangling over the raining, hands gripping the metal bars tightly.

His shoes had been discarded near the edge. As he carefully climbed over the bars, he took in the sight of the sun setting.

Perhaps he was fortunate to see such a beautiful sight as his final one.

...

"No... Higaonna-San didn't show up for our club activity today..."

Suzuko whispered, one hand clutched to her chest, the other holding onto the door frame. She gazed at Budo with worry , just like she looked to Shin earlier in the day.

"I... I checked his classroom but he wasn't there..."

Budo commented... shaking his head uneasily.

And then he realized something.

"Mina... you were the one who told her the rumors were going too far...right?"

He questioned. Suzuko shook her head slowly.

"Yes I... I've been very worried for Higaonna-San recently... though he hasn't disclosed any of his issues to us..."

She mumbled. Budo's eyes went wide.

"I need to go now! Thank you!"

He yelled as he dashed up the stairs toward the rooftop.

...

Shin remained still, hands still holding onto the rails as he gazed at the ground far from him. Hesitantly, he closed his eyes, allowing himself to revisit the past few weeks.

The torment he was subjected to.

Musume and her group laughing and pointing fingers, the chalk dust clouding his vision, those who would give him glances, glances he assumed were out of pity.

And of course, the words thrown at him like daggers. Piercing his fragile state of mind with their edge.

"Stupid!"

"Nobody cares about you!"

"What a joke!"

"You're not wanted here!"

And of course, Musume's everlasting words. Forever in his heart as a deep cut.

"Go to hell, Higaonna! Nobody cares for you... and they never will! Do everybody a favor and throw your stupid gay ass off the rooftop already!"

She howled. The girls surrounding her giggling. Shin could only stare down at the ground that day. Tears threatening to spill, though he dares not cry.

Now, as Shin sat right by the edge, he opened his eyes, and attempted to let go.

"Don't!"

He heard a voice cry, deep and desperate. Shin whirled his head around, Heart stopping when he saw Budo Masuyama, leader of the martial arts club, running towards him.

Shin brought his shoulders up, beginning to shake. Budo stopped a few steps behind him, out of breath from bounding through the halls.

"Don't do it..."

He warned. Shin turned away, hiding his eyes from the other boy.

"...Why would you care?"

He questioned, and Budo stood straight, no longer hunched over his legs.

"Because you can't just throw away your life like this!"

Budo objected, and Shin let out a laugh. A dry, bitter laugh.

"I'm not like you... people don't care for me... and those who do surely do it out of pity! Musume told me herself! I'm not wanted here..."

Shin growled, turning back to glare at the boy. He let go of the rail with one hand, and Budo stepped closer.

"Don't you dare..."

He threatened.

"What are you going to do? Are you going to stop me? Be a hero?"

Shin asked, tone mocking. His other hand let go, and Budo lurched forward, grabbing the other male's waist and pulling him back before he got a chance to fall.

They both collapsed to the ground with a thud.

"No!"

He screamed, thrashing in Budo's grasp. Though being the leader of the martial arts club, he was far stronger, and managed to keep Shin tight in his arms.

"Why did you stop me?!"

Shin shrieked, turning in Budo's arms. His hands banged at his chest, scratching at the light cotton of his school uniform. He clawed until he ran out of breath.

Hands gripped at the fabric until his knuckles went white.

"Why...?"

He questioned, and Budo felt his heart shatter.

Slowly, one of his arms moved to Shin's hair, stroking softly. His other remained wrapped around Shin's waist, though he pulled him closer into his chest.

"Higaonna-San..."

He cooed, slowly sliding back onto his feet. He pulled the other boy up along with him.

"I- Suzuko was worried for you... and Rakuyama-San wanted me to check on you for her..."

He explained, the hand in his hair falling to his face. Cupping one of Shin's cheeks gently. The boy pressed into Budo's firm embrace, a small smile on his face.

"Did she...?"

He asked meekly, and Budo nodded.

"C'mon... you're coming with me back home tonight!"

The martial arts club leader said firmly, beginning to walk. Shin was dragged along with him, though he fought to get out of Budo's grip.

"W-what? No I-"

He tried to object, though his efforts were in vain.

"I can't leave you alone anymore now! So ya gotta come home with me!"

Budo explained, Shin sighed, there was no use protesting.

{ ♡ }