{ 𝟓 }

"What... what is all this?"

Budo questioned, confused and angry at the sight familiar to Shin.

"Writing."

Was all the other boy could say, scrubbing away at the words scribbled in bold black ink. Thank god it could be wiped away with a damp rag and some persistence.

"And you're okay with this?!"

Budo asked once more, though this time his tone was sharper. Shin sighed.

"...What else is there to do other than take it?"

He replied, and continued to clean. Budo sat in his seat and stared at him.

"Musume and her girls write this stuff every morning, don't they?"

"Yes."

"And every morning, you stand here cleaning it?"

"Yes."

"Why don't you tell Miss Kunihito?"

"She won't do a thing..."

"Shin!"

Budo yelled, causing the other male to stop what he was doing and look down at him. Eyes wide, tears threatening to spill.

"I... Masuyama-San... Miss Kunihito needs solid proof in order to do anything about it..."

"Isn't this enough proof! All you need to do is snap a photo and show her! Then she'll know!"

Budo cried, standing up and pointing toward the half washed away marks. The momentum from the boy pushed Shin's chair back a bit, and it screeched to a stop a foot behind him.

Shin winced at the sound and closed his eyes.

"She won't know who wrote those things if I just take a picture! You heard what she said... she needs solid evidence in order to do something!"

He shouted back. Budo was taken aback by his sudden burst.

"No one can help me..."

He mumbled afterwards, tone softening as his tears could no longer be held back. 

They flowed freely down his cheeks. And Shin made no move to stop them.

Like the day before on the roof, Budo pulled him into a soft embrace. Holding him tight while still allowing Shin the freedom to move around in his arms as he pleased.

The martial arts club leader rubbed gentle circles into his back, whispering soft words of comfort in his ear. Shin had never felt so embarrassed in his life. Yet, he could not bring himself to pull away.

Budo noticed how easily someone could walk in, and quickly pulled Shin through the halls to the nearest bathroom.

...

"I'm sorry... that was so unprofessional of me..."

Shin muttered, splashing water in his face. The cold liquid bringing him back to reality, and a few droplets ran down his loose bangs and into the sink.

"Don't apologize, its totally cool!"

Budo grinned, arms brought up behind his head as he leaned against the wall. Shin felt his heart flutter just a bit.

Though, he steered himself away from the short blissful feeling, and stared at himself in the mirror. 

Pathetic. 

He thought, splashing himself once more.

"Shin."

Budo's voice called. Snapping the other boys attention to him.

"Hm?"

"Do you... uhm..."

"Do I what?"

"Never mind."

The martial arts club leader said. And the two walked back to morning classes in silence.

...

"Hey! Higaonna!"

Shin cowered, body shaking as the familiar female voice rang in his ears. 

The boy set his phone down. All he had wanted was some quote time to himself. Perhaps he had been too eager to receive his usual call from Oka today.

He bit his lip as Musume sauntered over. Smug look on her face as always. 

"Waiting on somebody?"

She asked, and when Shin stayed silent, she leaned down and glared at him.

"Looks like your boyfriend isn't here to protect you. Jee, I wonder what the whole school would say if they knew we had a gay boy amongst us..."

She threatened. Shin's eyes went wide, fear evident in them. 

"N-no..."

He mumbled, a hand attempting to reach for and grab the phone dangled before him. The distinct butterfly charm on it swaying like a pendulum. 

"Awe... look at you, are you gonna cry?"

She taunted, pulling her device away. Shin hunched over, refusing to stare into her eyes.

He closed his own, arms hugging his chest as he tried to imagine himself back in class.

His head began to spin. Musume's laughter became distorted as he felt himself slipping. Breathes shallow and quick.

"Leave him alone!"

He heard another familiar voice yell.

"Shit..."

Musume cursed under her breathe, both voices coming back to him as Shin looked up.

Budo ran over, pulling Shin behind his back.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?! Leave him alone!"

He growled. Musume smirked.

"Oh would ya look at that, you his knight in shinin' armor or something?"

"Might as well be, cause I'm not gonna let you hurt him!"

The martial arts club leader stated. Shin gripped the fabric against his back and sighed.

"Tch, whatever..."

She grumbled, and left.

Budo watched and waited until she left before he turned to Shin.

"Are you alright?"

He asked, and Shin nodded with another shaky sigh.

"Y-yeah..."

{ ♡ }