wolfstar - strangers

The metallic smell of new rain suspended in the air. Sirius knew it was about to pour it down. From the vast, dark clouds up above the beige buildings to the masses of people hurrying around under umbrellas - almost like they were afraid to get a single droplet of water on delicate skin.
He huffed slightly and puffed out his pink cheeks in frustration. Today of all days was one he didn't bring an umbrella, although the only one he had at the hotel was a putrid shade of green; his spirits were lifted slightly after realising he at least hadn't submitted himself to social suicide by using an awful-coloured brolly.
Sirius picked up the pace of his walking, Vans kicking up water as he strode across puddles on the side of the road.
Shit.
Turning around and stopping abruptly, he noticed the muddy puddle water had gotten onto the back of his trouser leg.
Really? For Heaven's sake...
A crumpled napkin was brought from his pocket and the dark-haired man tried desperately to dry his leg. As the darker shade of denim slowly faded away, it was quickly replaced by another droplet of moisture. Then another, and another.
All of a sudden, the heavens opened and the long-awaited rain started pouring onto the poor man, dripping down his face and clinging onto the strands of black hair. He sighed miserably, staring at the floor.
"Look out! Hey you, WATCH IT!"
Sirius straightened up and his hair fell in front of his face as he twisted around, trying to see who the noise was directed to.
"You! Yes you! There's a- uh- IL Y A UNE VOITURE!"
Une voiture? Doesn't that mean... A car?!
His young, grey eyes widened at the realisation that he was in fact standing in the middle of a road, and there was also a car speeding towards him.
His body froze. Blood ran cold, was this it? Why couldn't he move? His feet felt glued to the floor by an unspeakable strength. The most Sirius could do was watch in terror as his life nearly came to an end.

Nearly.

"Oof-"
Tackled to the ground, Sirius looked up at his saviour and tears came to his eyes without control.
Kind brown eyes watched back. The man had slightly curly brown hair - dampened from the rain, multiple scars running across his face and a slight smile playing on his lips.
"Like what you see?" He smirked. The colour drained from Sirius' face as he realised the position they were in - the man laying on top of him and Sirius leaning on his elbows which were slightly wet from the ground.
"Just kidding with you- what the heck happened there? Are you alright? You just... Froze. In the middle of the road."
Sirius' confused expression and lack of response made the man's smile drop from his face. "Oh no. You do speak English right? Although, I guess we are in France. I'm not sure what I expected. Uhh- Bonjour. Ça va?"
Sirius suddenly snapped back into reality and broke his transfixed gaze from the man. "O-oh no I do speak English!"
"Oh I see. Well thanks for making me look a fool then." He laughed and offered Sirius a hand as he stood up, taking it gratefully. It wasn't let go, though, and the man shook his  cold hand in a way of officially meeting. "My name is Remus Lupin. And, you are?"
"Sirius Black. I'm a traveller from England."
"Ohh. Interesting, me too! Where were you headed?" Remus' gentle smile was intoxicating. Sirius felt like he was in a completely different world now compared to five minutes ago, walking with a stranger down a road in the pouring rain. Not even the weather could stop them from meeting.
"I was actually trying to find my way to a little shop, I can't remember the name of it? It's meant to sell really great bagels, I wanted to have one for my lunch and then explore Paris a little more... Before it started raining, that is."
Remus flashed his teeth a little as a smile spread across his face.
"What a coincidence, I was going there too! It's called La Pâtisserie Cyril Lignac I think. The owners chocolate shop is right across the road as well - I was planning a quick visit before heading back to my hotel. I'm travelling Europe at the moment, kind of everywhere and anywhere I can. To see the world, you know? The more first-hand experience I get, the more I'll be able to put it to use when I write about my travels..." He rambled and Sirius watched in content, matching his long strides as they made their way to the bakery in question. Something about this stranger was familiar. Something felt right. Like they had met before. Like they already knew each other well.

Stranger?