007

another lecture, another scribble page. what is this, middle school?

one of the groups from your chemistry project didn't get their presentation done on the specified deadline, and your professor went berserk.

"never in my 30 years of teaching have i taught a class as tawdry as yours."

'right.' you thought, drawing another eye in your lined notebook that you changed into a doodle pad for tedious classes, like this one.

it's been 30 minutes, would be better if he just let it go already. he's technically wasting the hour for such an uncanny reason.

you were getting bored, a little bit too bored. what time is it? when's lunch? what are we even talking about right now?

your pen ran out of ink, so you resorted with a pencil instead. you couldn't bother to bring a pencil case, you put everything in your jacket's pocket.

the things you mostly need is a pen and a correction tape, that's about it. you couldn't imagine being those people who bring separate pencil cases for math instruments.

i mean, it's more tidy - yes, but it's too much for you. a pen on it's own is valuable as it is, just make sure to not lend it to anyone.

once you lend someone a pen, they'll either actually give it back, or the pen travels to 10 other people. the chances of the first option happening are slim.

okay, everyone's bored at this point. how sensitive is this teacher? has he not gotten used to this exact same thing happening in what he said, 'his 30 years of teaching'?

you tore off a page from your scribble book, and wrote a little message on it. using the pencil, which was an off-brand kids pencil you found at the park earlier that same morning.

you had to press the lead hard on the paper to make it darker, or else the writing would be too light, unreadable.

hey, im bored. let's talk?

you slipped the paper swiftly on the desk behind you, the desk which belonged to sakusa. he was confused at first, but he went along with it in the end.

sure, i dont mind.

you didn't really think this through, you didn't even know what you were going to write back if he did reply - which he did.

what's your favourite romance book trope? you tossed the paper behind you.

friends to lovers, or soulmates, i suppose. sakusa tossed the paper in front of him.

what's your go to cleaning song? you tossed it back.

probably walk on by, thundercat. he tossed it to you.

what's your favourite art medium? you tossed it back again.

oil on canvas, or watercolor. he tossed it back.

what about art movement? you tossed it back once more.

impressionism and romanticism. he tossed it back.

what do you look for in a significant other? you hesitated, but you tossed it anyway.

someone like you, maybe. he hesitated, he didn't throw it back. he crossed the message, until it was not visible.

someone who has the same interests as mine, i guess? he hesitated again, but he tossed it back anyway.

do you have a girlfriend? 'no, not that.'

are you seeing someone? 'more subtle, but not quite.'

are you single? 'okay, it's getting worse.'

sakusa waited, but no paper came back. the bell rang. somehow, you both felt as if the scribbled conversation wasn't complete, but neither of you said anything about it.

your days continued, just like that. the paper you kept, and the information you wanted you got, but at what cost?