013

the sun was setting, it was getting dark. komori suggested to end the day on the ferris wheel, which was furtively his way to give you and sakusa some time alone.

he'd been the 3rd wheel long enough for today. here's the interruption of komori presenting his slick steps of being cupid.

step number 1!
make sure both parties agree on going on the said attraction.

"what about we have some relaxation time on the ferris wheel?" he yawned. komori was actually getting sleepy, his social energy runs out pretty quick.

"sure, i can use some sitting. my legs are sore." you said, knowing your feet are definitely going to get cramps later on tonight.

sakusa nodded, he was getting tired as well. so far, it's all going to plan. let's move on to the next step.

step number 2!
while waiting in line, convince them that one passenger pod could only consist of two (2) people. which is a lie, so he has to make sure both parties believe that it's a true statement.

goodness, you and sakusa walk abnormally quick. komori had to skip his steps to catch up. when it's not an old lady or someone in a similar category, slow walkers irritate him.

like, just walk faster. you have legs, put it to good use. not just walk as if you have all the time in the world.

unless there are things around to be appreciated and or analyse. like an art gallery for instance, or when you're strolling in a flower garden.

but when you're just crossing the street - with a traffic light at that, try to largen those steps. please.

"walk a bit slower will you?" komori huffed between pants, holding on to your shoulder.

"we're walking like how we usually do?" you looked back on your shoulder, glancing at komori. he just sighed in response.

"the sign said there could only be two people in one passenger pod." komori said. there weren't any sign, but they were already too far from the entrance to be worried of that anyway.

"ill wait at the entrance, you guys can go." sakusa interfered, getting ready to move out of the line so he can sit on the bench. his legs were about to fall off at this point.

step number 3!
go on the ferris wheel with a lonely stranger, so that he had an excuse that "this person asked me to sit in a passenger pod with them."

this will ensure that you and sakusa would have to sit in a passenger pod together.

"no! im going with..." komori looked around, trying to find someone who seemed to be going alone. he saw some dude walking out the line, and took his risks.

"with him! im going with him." he said with a smile.

"im a girl...?" the woman said, confused with whatever's going on. trust me, it was the hair.

"ah right right, sorry! im going with her." he said, trying his best to make it sound convincing.

"who even is she?" sakusa asked.

"she's my old friend. i caught up with her earlier when you were busy at the food stall with hirami." he felt a sweat dropping on the back of his neck.

"oh, okay. we'll go together then, sakusa." you said, pushing everyone to the front of the line. you didnt realize there was a huge gap in front of you when you were all talking.

the people behind you were furious, but it's whatever.

you made small talk with sakusa and tried to guess which passenger pod they'll get. while komori was curled up in a ball deep inside.

"an old friend?" the girl crossed her arms, leaning on the railings.

"i was panicking." komori replied, looking anywhere but her face.

"and i was about to go home." she said.

"im sorry! ill make up to you for it." he said.

"it's fine, an explanation would be enough." she sighed.

"it's kind of embarrassing..."

"ugh please. what could be more embarrassing than picking a girl out of nowhere then calling her a dude?" she rolled her eyes.

"dont remind me!"

"then just tell me what you're doing!" she slapped his arm, in which komori wanted to return but stopped himself since he wont ever lay his hands on a girl.

"fine, fine. im trying to set those two up together." he said, pointing at you and sakusa.

she stifled a laugh.

"what are you, twelve? who does these things anymore?" she chuckled.

"trust me, if you've been with them for a while you'll see how obvious it is."

"they do look good together though."

"exactly my point! like just get together already."

the conversation continued until the queue became shorter, and shorter, and shorter. in a blink of an eye, they were the in front of the line.

"why are you so committed to this anyway?" the girl - yuina, asked.

"i dont know, i guess it just feels right." komori sighed contentedly, even he doesn't know why he feels the need to do this.

'i suppose it just feels wrong not to.' he thought, watching sakusa hold your hand to get into the passenger pod.

you two were already giving him a sugar overload, how sweet was sakusa whenever he's with you.

it was the bare minimum, but still.