009

'now what, is, this then?' you thought, jumping a bit out of place. pulling the back of your shoe while standing up was not a good idea.

there was a note on your door, which you took after struggling with putting on your shoes. you looked at it for a bit, before registering the situation fully in your head.

you quickly looked left and right, the person who wrote it was probably around somewhere.

it was a bit creepy, but the worst crime someone in your neighbourhood had committed was stealing a whole loaf of bread from the local bakery - in fact, it was someone you know.

rizin minoru, your other neighbour's son. he was very talkative, and was fun to be with. you bumped into him at the convenience store a few times.

you also caught him stealing some of the candy from the front desk. y'know, the ones in those small jars, where you can buy the candies individually for a few yen?

but you weren't a snitch, so you paid more to the cashier and told them to keep the change. it'll always take a lot of convincing, since 'keep the change' isn't a normal thing in japan.

anyway, getting back to the note.

'this better not be a payment thing, i just paid my rent.'

'oh, cute

'oh, cute.' you thought, reading the note over and over again 'til you finally accepted the message. you folded the note and stashed it in your jacket's pocket. it was fairly sunny today.

though it became a norm for you to wear your jacket to school, it felt wrong if you didn't.

as if on queue, sakusa walked out his house, crouching down to put on his shoes. you walked down your porch stairs to get to his.

"good morning sakusa."

"good morning hirami." he said, grunting as he got up.

walking to school, he noticed you were a bit more brighter than usual. you didn't do anything out of the ordinary, you just radiated more happy energy that day.

"did anything happen today?" sakusa asked.

"uh, no? i think. why?" you replied.

"i dont know, you just seem more happier than usual." sakusa said, rolling up his sleeves to his elbows. is it really that warm today?

"are you hot?" you asked.

"am i what?" sakusa asked back.

"i said are you hot?" you asked again, stopping so the cars can pass by first.

"im hot?" he said in an uncertain tone. what hot? what is hot? what?

"i know you are but what am i?" you retorted, walking a bit ahead of him.

"what?" he raised his eyebrows.

"i just asked if you're hot? as in are you sweating or something?" you explained, confused with where the conversation was going.

"oh. yea it's kinda hot." he answered.

"tell me if you get too hot, i have a mini portable fan." you said.

"alright, thanks." he replied.

it was silent after that, a comfortable silence. just the birds and the crickets and the cats.

"you just called me hot." sakusa said after a while.

"did i?" you asked, looking at him.

"you did." he said.

"oh." you nodded.

'WHATEHTHFGDHWIYDGWIQHE WHAT WHAT WHEN WHAT WHY WHEN WHAT'

your day then continued like usual. practice, class, lunch, class, home. nothing momentous. definitely nothing momentous.