Chapter 1

"Mama  is it really necessary for her to stay here on weekends. Why can't she just stay at hostel"said samiha to her mom.
" Even I don't get it beta. But it is your baba who calls her here every weekend. "
"This is really absurd mama, why does she always interfere in our family time. She is no family to us. She is just an orphan whom we showed pity"roared the elder daughter Asra.
What the trio didn't notice was a Black pair of eyes was silently listening to their conversation. Tears rolled down her face. She was just a silent observer. A subtle girl in wild world. She wanted to know about the hatred people have indebted in their minds.
"Yes mama baji is right we really can't get to enjoy our family time. She is always a tag along. "
"I know, I'm thinking to talk to your... "
She was cut off the black eyed beauty.

"Assalamualikum Mami jaan"  pretending as though she has not heard any part of their conversation.

"Walaikum Assalam Roohi. Why are you late today it is now breakfast time and you didn't prepare anything. Sab ko bhooog lag rahi hai"
"Ji mami jaan bus raat ko assignment kar rahi thi so I slept late. Main abhi jaakar jaldhi se breakfast bana dungi"

Roohi went towards the kitchen and started preparing the breakfast. She couldn't help but think about her parents. How she was  a princess to her parents. Her 's was  a small family with just 3 of them. It was a happy bubble but the bubble burst when her parents were coming to her school for graduation ceremony and met with an accident and passed away since then she lives with her mamujaan.

   After graduation she joined the university and stayed in the hostel and come here on weekends on her mamu's insistence. Her thought's were broken when her mamu entered the kitchen
"Why are you crying beta"
She didn't even realise when she started crying
"No mamujaan I wasn't . Just mummy aur abbu ki yaad aa rahi thi"
(I remember my mom and dad)

He came towards her and took her in a side hug and said "beta tum khud ko akela mat samjhna main hamesha tumhare saath hoon"
(Child,don't ever think that you are all alone I am always by your side )

"Pata hai mamujaan " She truly believed in him.
(I know uncle)

The day passed by quickly and Roohi was back to her hostel.
After that day Roohi tried very hard to avoid going to her mamu's place because she didn't want to interrupt their family time.

"Beta try to come up it's eid tomorrow, you didn't show up the whole Ramadan except the 1st fast"
" I know mamujaan this semester has tight schedule and have many assignments to complete as this is my last semester. I might not be able to come today but I'll directly come to community center tomorrow "
"Beta it's eid you are all alone there work can be done here also "
"No mamujaan try to understand I can't finish up the work I will be busy with you all then"
"Ok beta I know studies come first for you but make sure to come on time tomorrow to community Hall for eid celebration"
"Yes In sha allah"

No matter how much she wanted to go to her mamu and complain about her cousins and mami she didn't have the heart to break his heart. She only prayed to the Almighty that one day there may be someone who will solely care about her and give all the love and companionship which she is longing.

Author's note:
This is my first attempt to write something. I always wanted to write but didn't have the courage to come up and write down.
Hope you all enjoyed it.
Please do share your thoughts.

Love,
Joyous soul