Chapter 6

Roohi POV

After completing my exams, I was busy with packing up the stuffs at my hostel. I would be leaving tomorrow with mamujaan. We were going to stay at my parents place . As they would not be present at wedding,I wanted a sense of closeness with them. So,I said mamujaan to keep all the functions at this place.

I would normally go to this place once or twice a month when I would feel lonely and when my emotions would be all over the place. After the dinner at my in law 's house ,I directly came over here and relieved all my moments with my parents.

When we reached here, mamu  family has already settled in. Mamijaan mood was still off. I still don't know what is the matter with her. Mamu told mumani  to go shopping with me but I insisted on not going considering her mood,but he just blackmailed me.

Shopping was another story. I tried lighting up her mood but instead it ignited her more l let this go.

Days passed in blur and today is my mehndi ceremony. I insisted on not applying haldi because I was allergic to it. I was all ready. My best friend  Zara was here. She helped me  the make up and all ,it was a great help that she stay over till the baraat day. I was really thankful,at least there was someone other than mamu who was excited and happy for me .

Zara asked me for Ahad photo,she wanted to see him and tease me . But all the ideas bumped when I told her I didn't have one.

We were passing down the stairs and go to the backyard were functions was being held,were passing the guest bedroom were mamu and mami were staying. I couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

"Am telling you Salaar, I am not coming and joining any stupid functions. It must have been my daughter not her to enjoy these functions. "
"Khuda ka khof rakho  raziya ,you must be happy for her poor soul is going to get some happiness that she deserves. " said mamu.
( have some fear )

I barged in the room. Both of them were shocked to say the least. I straight up went to mami. I stood in front of her and gathered the courage and spoke, "Mamijaan I don't know what I have done that you hate me, I get that and respect your decision. But isn't this unfair towards me ,I didn't go and get this proposal  ,it was Ibrahim uncle who have asked. I didn't even know who the guy was ? Yet am to be blamed.
But  mami step in my shoes and look from my view it's only you and mamu who I have ,if you don't attend how am I going to start my new journey without both of you by my side. So please mami if you have ever considered me as your niece and have  love for me with tiniest part please join in or else I won't attend them. " I spoke with hope filled my voice.

Just for a second I saw tears filled and love in her eyes before she masked it up and gave me a nod. I was extremely happy  and hugged her and what surprised me was she hugged me back.

After our little reunion I look at mamu, whose eyes showed pride.we went to backyard and the ceremonies begin.

I personally adored mehndi and for some reason I always get the darkest shade of henna .Zara was constantly  teasing me .
The mehndi artist asked me I wanted to write Ahad name . Before I could say Zara butted in and said that it was a must . It took an hour and half to complete my henna. My back was stiff from constant sitting, after completing my mehndi I was hungry.
Zara has already ate she was waiting to feed me and then get her Henna done.

She brought all my favorite, she was giving me first bite. Mami came and told Zara that she would feed me and can go and get the henna done. I was astonished and happy by her change.

While feeding she tried to start off the conversation. Half way through, I was really emotional  by the care of mami. I didn't know if it was genuine or out of pity but all I care was the care she was showing me at the present moment.