Chapter 3

Roohi  POV

It was already noon when I finished all the chores in my hostel room. Even though I was awake from the Fajr but still something or the other came to do so. I even prepared Sheerkhurma which my mom always prepare for Eid celebration. Though I was never interested in cooking as the time went on I found the escape from reality is through cooking and reading.

  After being done with the chores I quickly freshen up and wore up the dress which I bought with my first salary. It was a really elegant dress. Before I know it it was already 4"o  clock. I wore my abaya and went to the subway to get to the community center.

  It took me almost an hour to reach the Hall

  It took me almost an hour to reach the Hall. I hurried to go inside because it was almost asr time. After completing my prayer I started looking for mamu and mamijaan. Since only few people were given the permission to celebrate here so it was a mixed gathering. I loosely draped my dupatta over my head.

  After searching for roughly 5 minutes I found them with another couple near the food court. As I was walking towards them a child recklessly dash to me "hey kiddo watch out or you will be hurt. ".he just brushed off and started sprinting off. Seriously kids these days won't listen to elders at all.

  Walking towards them, I again spotted the same kid dash into a lady judging from her appearance she was pregnant. Due to the sudden impact the lady lost the balance and was tripping over I hurriedly ran towards her and caught her. She was caught off  and stood motionless I shook her to bring out of the moment. "Hey you are absolutely fine by grace of Allah. Come on cheer up you are fine alhamdulillah. "

  In a minute or two some people came frantically towards her and started to question if she was okay or not. I was overwhelmed with emotions because everyone there asked her well being not the baby first. Because generally people tend to prioritize the baby more than  the mother.

"I'm absolutely fine, thanks to her she saved me from falling" Said the girl to her family

"No it nothing we are to help one another" I said politely.

"Thank you soo much beta , what's your name? " Asked the middle aged woman
Your welcome, I'm Roohi "
"Masha allah you have a nice name I'm mehreen and this is my daughter maham, and that's my husband Ibrahim. " Then it hit me that they were the same couple who were speaking to mamu and mumani.

In the mean time manu and mami came over asked about maham . Mumani completely gave her attention to Maham and her family ignoring me. Mamu acknowledge me and asked about me and wished me Eid mubarak and asked me why I was late to which I replied saying it was due to heavy traffic. Mamu gave me eidi like old times, I didn't deny it because this reminded me of old times and happy times spend. At every Eid I would demand Eidi to each and everyone I know even though j was old enough to not get eidi. I selfishly wanted to savour this moment.

Our moment was cut short by the same uncle he asked to mamu does he know her.
"Oh?! She Ibrahim you didn't recognized her , how will you she was just a toddler when you met her she is Kabir's daughter Roohi" Said mamu
"Masha Allah she has grown into a such a pretty Young lady. Beta you may not know me but I was a business associates with your baba, so I met you when you were just a baby. " Said Ibrahim uncle.
"Look mehreen how much did the little girl grown up"
"Masha Allah, so beautiful raziya you didn't say your niece was here ""because appa she didn't arrive at that time so I may have forgot to mention about her"

While the elders were busy chatting Maham and a young girl about my age and a man behind them were walking towards me. She introduced the girl as her sister Aimen and the man as her husband Imad. I conveyed my salam to them and they replied. And Imad excused himself saying he was going to search for his saale sahab.
( brother in law)

Both sisters were very friendly and they were someone who anyone can easily bond with. Aimen said they were 3 siblings with an elder brother Ahad, I just nodded along to what they were saying. In the meantime we were talking, asra and samiha joined us and u noticed the change in the expression of the khan sister's. They looked pretty annoyed. Asra and samiha started to talk and brag about themselves. I excused myself because I needed some space because seeing the khan family, I missed my parents more.

  Tears were rolling down my face I didn't even bother wiling because I just wanted to reach a place where there is no one. I just stood there watching the horizon which was. soothing and relaxing me. While I stood there, I felt a  presence behind me. I turned my head to look who was there, stood a man in black salwar kameez standing 6'foot tall.

  I was intimidated by his personality. I turned to goes towards the Hall.
When suddenly he spoke" Not always isolation can give you peace kabhi apna dard kisi se izhar karne se, dil ko bhi sukoon milta hai"
(Sometimes you must share your ,it soothes your heart)

I don't know why but I was perplexed by his nature and goosebumps rose on my body. I don't know how he know that through isolation I found my peace. I hurriedly went inside the Hall brushing off all the thoughts of the guy. After the dinner I went along with mamu to his house because it  was the weekend, he insisted a lot so I couldn't deny him.

Laying on the bed my thoughts again drifted to that man who words hit me a lot. And for the first time after my parents death I wanted to share my misery to someone. With that  I went to lala land and soon sleep over took me.

Author's note:
Hope you all have enjoyed the chapter.
Share your opinions to me.
Stay safe

Love ,
Joyous soul❤