Chapter 12

Roohi POV

My head snapped in the direction of his voice. The way he was smiling, it told me he have already heard most part of our conversation.

"Bhai andar aaye," aimen told him. He came in and spoke maham. I was dreading whether she will ask the same question to him because it is maham we are talking about who has no filter.

While they were speaking, I thought to escape from there before I encounter another awkward moment to both of us.

I stood up to go but ahad grabbed my wrist and pulled me down.

I sat down next to ahad and nervously played with my dupatta out of habit. I was in my thoughts when Ahad bumped his shoulder to mine and I heard maham speaking,  "bhabhi, what say should we do it?"
I didn't know what she was talking about, I shrugged my shoulder and said, "sorry I didn't hear what you guys were speaking about"
"Hayyeee bhabhi hamne idhar puri planning kar di and you didn't listen to any of it" aimen looked annoyed.

"Bhabhi we are planning to go to our farmhouse just us youngsters. Ofcourse after a week or two when all are free"
"It's fine with me but you need to ask your bhai ,he is a busy person, who is going to get engaged with work" I spoke in uninterested tone.

"Agar aisi baat hai toh hum bhai ko chod kar jaa sakte hain, anyways he is a boring person to be with"
"No he is not boring instead he always try to...."I quickly responded and realized what I was going to say. The siblings burst out laughing.

I swiftly dashed to my room not looking back at them. It was almost Isha time so I quickly prayed and to find ahad on bed.
"Why did you come here leaving me there when I specially came to take you" ahad moved his weight on his elbow and turned to my side where I sat.
"Why did you bother, I was going to come not like I was spending the night there" I retorted back.

"But it did looked like you were going to stay"he answered and tugged me to him.

"Are you not going to ask me whether I heard any of your conversation or not?"
I doubly stared at him wondering how did he know.

"Rooh you don't need to say outloud for me to know what you are thinking because I can easily read your eyes"
I precisely looked at him and asked the question which was bothering me,"did you?"

"Will you answer my question honestly if I said I heard everything" he questioned back.

  All this while I didn't dared to look at him. I was playing with his tshirt sleeve. I myself didn't know the answer to the question. I was occupied with playing with his sleeve when he rolled me  and hovered over me. I gazed at him.

"Do you want kids?" He directly asked without sugar coating.
"You always ask me ,tell me what do you want? You are considerate to ask me all the time now you say" I need his opinion on this particular topic.

"It will happen when the time is right and when Allah swt wants it. I will be elated if now or in the future.  So now tell me what do you want?" Voice filled with unknown emotions.

"Likewise ahad. I want nothing more than you being by my side through thick and thin"
With that he leaned in for kiss and just like that we slipped back to our bubble with just him and me exploring and showing vulnerable sides of our to our soulmate.

Next morning I woke up early to help with the chores with ammi.
I opted to wear a casual suit. When I reached there kitchen ammi along with some maids were already done with breakfast.
"Ammi is there anything that I can help you with?"
"No beta breakfast is already prepared I was just making to salad" ammi spoke.
"Laiye,main bana deti hoon" I insisted. After a lot of request she allowed.